Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making a script to copy files not seen before (using md5sum) Post 302848685 by nbsparks on Thursday 29th of August 2013 07:03:06 PM
Old 08-29-2013
OK... I have to go home and test this, but if I wanted to be able to run a command like this...

./copy_new_photos.sh nick

and that would look for the user "nick" for new photos and then copy them, then I would script it like this...

Code:
#!/bin/bash

USER=$1
SRC=/user/$USER/.phonesync/photos-backup
DST=/user/$USER/.phonesync/photos-new
MD5=/user/$USER/.phonesync/photos-backup.md5

for f in $SRC/*
do
  grep -q $f $MD5
  if [[ $? -ne 0 ]]; then
    cp $SRC/$f $DST
    md5sum $f >> $MD5
  fi
done

Did I get it right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

making copy of 0 level dump via ufsdump

Hi how do u make "copy" of o level dump taken via ufsdumo in solaris? To elaborate, imagine you have taken a 0 level dump via the following command ufsdump 0ulf /dev/rmt/1n / and then again execute the same command to take a second 0 level dump Now take an incremental dump ufsdump 1ulf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalsngh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running md5sum on a list of files

Hello, I would like to run md5sum on a list of files saved in a text file, and save the result in another file. (ie. md5sum `cat list.txt` > md5list.txt) I have tried several things, but I am always confronted to the same problem: some of the filenames have spaces. I have run sed on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDelroen
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a copy of an Magneto Optical Disk

We are trying to make duplicates of some Magneto Optical Disks that were created in Irix 6.5. The disks are 2.3 gig and the using a scsi MOD drive. Is there possbily a disk copy like in dos or some simple script to do this - any help appreciated. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_holm
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script show command (e.g. copy) being executed and variable substitution?

When script is running you only see when some of the commands are not successfull. Is there a way to see which command are executed and to show the substitution of variables as every line is executed ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr0124
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check MD5SUM on file

Hi, I currently have a shell script that takes an RPM and scp's it to a set of remote servers and installs it. What I would like to be able to do is make the script get the md5sum of the RPM locally (so get the md5sum of the rpm from where im running the script) and then scp the rpm to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb1986
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Script Help - Making links to files Clickable

Ok so I wrote a php script that outputs the below to users on a webpage. # Download: /home/content/d/i/v/divine1234/eBookDownloads/ScalpRemedy_jablaa12734.zip the php code that outputs the above is: echo ("<li>Download: $download_link</li>\n"); The thing is, I dont want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Md5sum script

Hello, I need to download multiple files from an FTP server but occasionally they arrive in error so I need to perform an integrity check. I've been attempting to write a bash script that does the following: Downloads all files including those in sub directories Perform md5sum using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in directories with md5sum

And not to start. I can compare files, that's easy. The problem is that I compare files in a directory, and check if these files exist in another directory. The problem is that the file names are not the same. So I have to compare with "md5sum" or something similar. How I can do? All this in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jomeaide
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for making files based on some conditions.

Hi All, I have a text file (code_data.txt) with the followig data. AMAR AB123456 XYZ KIRAN CB789 ABC RAJ CS78890 XYZ KAMESH A33535335 ABC KUMAR MD678894 MAT RITESH SR3535355... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
26 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[md5sum] script

I am getting No such file or directory if my variable contains white spaces... Is there a way to fix this? This works x="1.md5" md5sum -c "$x" This, does not x="23\ 5\ 6\ 7\ 8\ 9\ 10.md5" md5sum -c "$x" md5sum: '23\ 5\ 6\ 7\ 8\ 9\ 10.md5': No such file or directory How do I fix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soichiro
1 Replies
gthumb(1)																 gthumb(1)

NAME
gThumb - an image viewer and browser for GNOME SYNOPSIS
gthumb [--help] [--version] [-f] [--fullscreen] [-s] [--slideshow] [--import-photos] [directory] [filename] ... DESCRIPTION
With gThumb you can browse your hard disk viewing thumbnails of image files. It also lets you view single files (including GIF anima- tions), add comments to images, organize images in catalogs, print images, view slideshows, set your desktop background, and more. OPTIONS
-f, --fullscreen Start in fullscreen mode. -s, --slideshow Automatically start a slideshow. --import-photos Automatically import digital camera photos. --help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. Usual other GNOME options apply as well. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: gthumb To view the content of a directory type: gthumb /path/to/directory To view all images with jpg extension type: gthumb *.jpg AUTHORS
Written by Paolo Bacchilega <paolo.bacch@tin.it>. This manual page was originally written by Remco van de Meent <remco@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system, now is maintained by Paolo Bacchilega. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE^ATTRIBUTE VALUE | | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability^SUNWgnome-img-organzier | | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability^Volatile | | | | | +-------------------------------------+-----------------------------+ GNOME Applications May 2002 gthumb(1)