Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dig total query time?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dig total query time? Post 302848645 by r7a7v7 on Thursday 29th of August 2013 04:20:50 PM
Old 08-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

How about
Code:
time dig -f names.txt +noall +stats

this worked, thanks! and sorry about the quotes, I'll do so from now on!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query for a file created at a particular time

Hi guys I need to find out a file created at 'x' time and the name of the file is rag.rxt 100's of these files are created every minute and i dont know how to find the file created at a particular time. pls help me with the command to search that. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query :: Using Netstat finding total value to a db connection

I wrote a very simple script to calculate the DB connection from an appserver and check the total netstat connection to a particular DB exceed 25 then it will send mail netstat -a 2> /dev/null | awk '/.*ESTAB/{print $5}' | cut -d. -f1 | uniq -c | awk '{if ($1 > 25)print $2," exceed ",$1;}' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get total time using awk

Hi guys, I can't find a solution to sum the h:m:s: columns. 28/05/2010 03h 29min 34seg ADSL TELEMAR 28/05/2010 12h 19min 21seg ADSL TELEMAR 29/05/2010 04h 20min 02seg ADSL TELEMAR 29/05/2010 04h 31min 45seg ADSL TELEMAR 30/05/2010 06h 10min 43seg ADSL TELEMAR Thanks Use code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dig query time

Hi Guys, I just need a confirmation if what think i know is right . dig yahoo.com ; <<>> DiG 9.7.0-P1 <<>> yahoo.com ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 27410 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtomar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Time

Hello, I have one script which takes some time to complete. I Need the total exact time taken by this script. How can i modify this script. Regards, Sam. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total time taken

Hi Friend, Need your help. I have a file which has information of start time and End time . I need to find how much time takes to complete the job . how can I do it in unix command . Example of Log file : Start Loading ---Thu Aug 2 17:14:09 EDT 2012 Load... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
5 Replies

8. AIX

Time of query execution much different between 3 servers

Hello, I have 3 AIX 6.1 machines running INFORMIX 11.7 database engine. One of these servers is the database server and the other 2 servers are connecting to it. I am doing a test to determine the time of query execution between these servers and i see that in specific times one of these... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Total size utilizes by the files older than a time span

Through find command I identified the files older that 1 year. I need the overall size utilizes by these 1 year older files. Please share me the command to identify it .Thanks Please post in an adequate technical forum! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sang
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)