Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Partial retrieve
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Partial retrieve Post 302848293 by anil510 on Thursday 29th of August 2013 01:31:30 AM
Old 08-29-2013
Partial retrieve

I have this in log file /var/log/maillog
Code:
XXX YYY ZZZ [55.66.77.88]:15214 I=[11.22.33.44]:25 AAA BBB CCC

I need awk/sed operation on this, so that it retrieves only the first IP.
Code:
cat /var/log/maillog | sed_operation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get partial numbers from a string

Hi Everyone, I have: $val="QQ3_1899_CD4". The output will be: 1899. I did $val =~ /(\d+)/g; the output is 318994, then i use substr to get those 1899. This is not efficient. Is any simple way, like just one line can do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Delete Lines

Hi, Need to delete line prior to (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). In case ' available, then keep that. Pls refet below details. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about partial searching

Hi there! New user to UNIX scripting. Had a question I was stuck on. I've been trying to make a script(for a larger project) that would search a file(lets say playerlist). the file is already formatted into columns so it may look like First name(1-10) Last Name(11-20) address (21-30) ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagramor
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Print partial line/partial field

Hello, this is probably a simple request but I've been toying with it for a while. I have a large list of devices and commands that were run with a script, now I have lines such as: a-router-hostname-C#show ver I want to print everything up to (and excluding) the # and everything after it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial string

I have a list of strings in file: 10 10 AAA 120 13 BBBBB 23 11 CCCCC 11 32 DDDDDD I want to replace first column of the text such as: 10, 129, 23, 11 with 11, 22, 33, 44. I can do line by line, but just not sure how to replace partial string without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ford99
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL partial matching

I have two files: file 1 http://www.hello.com http://neo.com/peace/development.html, www.japan.com, http://example.com/abc/abc.html http://news.net http://lolz.com/country/list.html,www.telecom.net, www.highlands.net, www.software.com http://example2.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to substitute for the partial match?

Hi I have a question and hope I can get answer here. Thank you in advance. I have two files: file1: aa X bb Y cc Z file2: cc A bb B dd C aa D bb E If the 1st column match in both file1 and file2, the 2nd column in file2 will be replaced by the 2nd column in file1. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial file pulling

I am connecting to another server through sftp. I am running one batch script to pull file from another server. sometimes i am receiving partial files. I am using below commands in batch script. ls -ltr new.txt mget new.txt bye The file is of 1 MB only.In most of the cases , i received... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinath01
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match partial text

I posted the incorrect files yesterday and apologize. I also modified the awk script but with no luck. There are two text files in the zip (name.txt and output.txt). I am trying to match $2 in name.txt with $1 in output.txt and if they match then $1 of name.txt is copied to $7 of output.txt. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Match and Replace

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file like this one. I need to do a partial match of a particular cell and then replace matches with an empty cell. So here is a sample: Smith FordMustang ChevroletCamaro Miller FordFiesta Jones KiaSorrento Davis ChevroletCamaro Johnson ToyotaHighlander I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)