Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write out specific data from log to a new file Post 302847449 by Jotne on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 05:02:41 AM
Old 08-27-2013
Did you test my new post?
Still only one xml section with sessionID.
xml section does not have same format as in post #1, and this makes it hard to split this up.
You could zip the complete file, upload it, and then post example on how you like to output.

You have two INFO line with same AId and DId, who should I use?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Write byte range/chunk of data from specific location in file

I am new to Unix so will really appreciate if someone can guide me on this. What I want to do is: Step1: Read binary file - pick first 2 bytes, convert from hex to decimal. Read the next 3 bytes as well. 2 bytes will specify the number of bytes 'n' that I want to read and write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbenipel
1 Replies

3. Hardware

how to write data into a device file?

Hi, I am working in device drivers. I am new to device drivers. i have invoked chardev.c. the driver is insmoded. now i want to write something into this and i want to look what i have written. but i don't know how to write and see. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boidi
0 Replies

4. Programming

How to write data to file in C?

Hi I want to open a file and write data in the following manner. Header String 1 String 2 String 3 String 4 String 5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAKhan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to write a function to get data under specific lines ?

I have a text file called (msgz ) contains data : Subscriber Data ID = 2 Customer = 99 Data ID = 4 Customer = cf99 Data ID = 5 Customer = c99 Data ID = 11 Customer = 9n9 Subscriber Data ID = 1 Customer = 9ds9 Data ID = 2 Customer = 9sad9 Data ID = 3 Customer = f99... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write the specific content in the file through shell script

Hello, I need to do one thing that my script creates the file touch release.SPLASH_12_03_00_RC01.txt Now I want to update that file with some content e.g splashbuild::SPLASH_12_17_00_RC02.zip Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

write specific line number in file

dear all, i need your advice i have sample script like this: testing.sh for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done but i forgot create "#!/bin/bash" in above "for" so i want output will like this testing.sh #!/bin/bash for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write over data to new file

hi..i would ask about how to write over data to new file with BASH. so..assume my data looks like this : 11 12 13 14 15 ...and so on. It's always line by line. and that's for the first file. i want to write over those numbers into second file but by using space. so my second file should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syalala
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies
createrepo(8)															     createrepo(8)

NAME
createrepo - Create repomd (xml-rpm-metadata) repository SYNOPSIS
createrepo [options] <directory> DESCRIPTION
createrepo is a program that creates a repomd (xml-based rpm metadata) repository from a set of rpms. OPTIONS
-u --baseurl <url> Optional base url location for all files. (not used by any clients at this time) -o --outputdir <url> Optional output directory (useful for read only media). -x --exclude <package> File globs to exclude, can be specified multiple times. -i --pkglist <filename> specify a text file which contains the complete list of files to include in the repository from the set found in the directory. File format is one package per line, no wildcards or globs. -q --quiet Run quietly. -g --groupfile <groupfile> A precreated xml filename to point to for group information. See examples section below for further explanation. -v --verbose Run verbosely. -c --cachedir <path> Specify a directory to use as a cachedir. This allows createrepo to create a cache of checksums of packages in the repository. In consecutive runs of createrepo over the same repository of files that do not have a complete change out of all packages this decreases the processing time dramatically. --update If metadata already exists in the outputdir and an rpm is unchanged (based on file size and mtime) since the metadata was generated, reuse the existing metadata rather than recalculating it. In the case of a large repository with only a few new or modified rpms this can significantly reduce I/O and processing time. -C --checkts Don't generate repo metadata, if their timestamps are newer than its rpms. This option decreases the processing time drastically again, if you happen to run it on an unmodified repo, but it is (currently) mutual exclusive with the --split option. --split Run in split media mode. Rather than pass a single directory, take a set of directories corresponding to different volumes in a media set. -p --pretty Output xml files in pretty format. -V --version Output version. -h --help Show help menu. -d --database Generate sqlite databases for use with yum. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a repository with a groups file. Note that the groups file should be in the same directory as the rpm packages (i.e. /path/to/rpms/comps.xml). createrepo -g comps.xml /path/to/rpms FILES
repodata/filelists.xml.gz repodata/other.xml.gz repodata/primary.xml.gz repodata/repomd.xml SEE ALSO
yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
Seth Vidal <skvidal@phy.duke.edu> BUGS
Any bugs which are found should be emailed to the mailing list: rpm-metadata@linux.duke.edu Seth Vidal 2005 Jan 2 createrepo(8)