Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write out specific data from log to a new file Post 302847435 by Jotne on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 04:20:43 AM
Old 08-27-2013
I do suggest you use solution I posted in another thread for you.

Modify this some to output to a new file what you want from the log.

-----------------------

I have divided this into multiple tasks. It may be that someone can join all this together.

1- Find all Session ID form line containing INFO and store it to file **t1**
Code:
awk -F":|," 'FNR==NR && /INFO/ {a[$6$8]++;next} END {for (i in a) print i }' xml_file >t1

2- Remove all log lines (starting with 2013) and store it in **t2**
Code:
awk  '!/^2013/' xml_file >t2

3- Print every XML bulk if it does contain one of the ID found in step 1
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR {a[$1]++;next} FNR==1 {RS="</continueProcessing>"} { for (i in a) {if ($0~i) print}}'  t1 t2

I have assumed that all XML section do end with </continueProcessing>. If that is not true, this will not work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Write byte range/chunk of data from specific location in file

I am new to Unix so will really appreciate if someone can guide me on this. What I want to do is: Step1: Read binary file - pick first 2 bytes, convert from hex to decimal. Read the next 3 bytes as well. 2 bytes will specify the number of bytes 'n' that I want to read and write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbenipel
1 Replies

3. Hardware

how to write data into a device file?

Hi, I am working in device drivers. I am new to device drivers. i have invoked chardev.c. the driver is insmoded. now i want to write something into this and i want to look what i have written. but i don't know how to write and see. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boidi
0 Replies

4. Programming

How to write data to file in C?

Hi I want to open a file and write data in the following manner. Header String 1 String 2 String 3 String 4 String 5 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAKhan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to write a function to get data under specific lines ?

I have a text file called (msgz ) contains data : Subscriber Data ID = 2 Customer = 99 Data ID = 4 Customer = cf99 Data ID = 5 Customer = c99 Data ID = 11 Customer = 9n9 Subscriber Data ID = 1 Customer = 9ds9 Data ID = 2 Customer = 9sad9 Data ID = 3 Customer = f99... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write the specific content in the file through shell script

Hello, I need to do one thing that my script creates the file touch release.SPLASH_12_03_00_RC01.txt Now I want to update that file with some content e.g splashbuild::SPLASH_12_17_00_RC02.zip Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

write specific line number in file

dear all, i need your advice i have sample script like this: testing.sh for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done but i forgot create "#!/bin/bash" in above "for" so i want output will like this testing.sh #!/bin/bash for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write over data to new file

hi..i would ask about how to write over data to new file with BASH. so..assume my data looks like this : 11 12 13 14 15 ...and so on. It's always line by line. and that's for the first file. i want to write over those numbers into second file but by using space. so my second file should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syalala
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)