Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace a string with each line from another file repeatedly Post 302847375 by perseous on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 12:25:04 AM
Old 08-27-2013
worked finally! thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can search a String in one text file and replace the whole line in another file

i am very new to UNIX plz help me in this scenario i have two text files as below file1.txt name=Rajakumar. Discipline=Electronics and communication. Designation=software Engineer. file2.txt name=Kannan. Discipline=Mechanical. Designation=CADD Design Engineer. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in a file within a range of line

Hi, I want to replace the srting '; with ABCD'; in a file from line 1 to line 65. Is there any single command to do it without using awk Thanks for quick reply https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tosattam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace string in file.1 with line from file.2

Hello all, the title makes this sound simple, and maybe it should be. This is by code: #!/bin/sh cp ch25.txt ch25.fn.tex n=`grep -c '^\' ch25_footnotes.txt > temp` r=`awk -F] '{print $2}' temp` `sed 's/\/\\footnote{$r}/' ch25.fn.tex` done This is what I am trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To trim Certain field in a line of a file and replace the new string in that position

To trim 3rd field in for all the lines of a file and replace the modified string in that particular field. For example i have a file called Temp.txt having content Temp.txt ----------------- 100,234,M1234 400,234,K1734 300,345,T3456 ---------------- So the modified file output should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpadhi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi I am not the best scripter in the world and have run into a issue which you might be able to guide me on... I have two files. File1 : A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB File2: C345,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to replace a value in a certain line from another file containing a string

Hi experts, In my text file I have the following alot of lines like below. input.k is as follows. 2684717 -194.7050476 64.2345581 150.6500092 0 0 2684718 -213.1575623 62.7032242 150.6500092 0 0 *INCLUDE $# filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

HI Can any one guide me how to achieve this task. I have 2 files env.txt #Configuration.Properties values identity_server_url = http://identity.test-hit.com:9783/identity/service/user/register randon_password_length = 6 attachment_file_path = /pass/temp/attachments/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikilbr86
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies
PPMFADE(1)						      General Commands Manual							PPMFADE(1)

NAME
ppmfade - generate a transition between two image files using special effects. SYNOPSIS
ppmfade [ -f first.ppm ] [ -l last.ppm ] [ -mix|-spread|-shift|-relief|-oil|-edge|-bentley|-block ] [ -base name ] DESCRIPTION
This program generates a transition between either two input images or between one input image and black. You can use the 30 intermediate images generated to show a smooth transition between segments of a movie. The input and output images are in the Portable Pixmap (PPM) format. If you specify both input images, they should both be the same size. If you want to fade from black to an image, specify only the last image. If you want to fade from an image to black, specify only the first image. ppmfade names the resulting image files base.nnnn .ppm, where nnnn is a number varying between 0001 and 0030 and base is what you specify with via the -base option (default fade). Another way to convert by steps from one image to another is morphing. You can use xmorph to do that. OPTIONS
-f first.ppm This is the image file (PPM format) to be used at the beginning of the transition. If not specified, the fade will start from black. -l last.ppm This is the image file (PPM format) to be used at the ending of the transition. If not specified, the fade will end with black. -mix The two images are superimposed with the brightness of the first image decreasing from full to none and the brightness of the final image increasing from none to full. The transition is quadratic in brightness with faster transition in the beginning and slower at the end. -spread The pixels in the first image will be moved (spread) further and further from their original location and then moved into the proper location in the final image. This is the default transition. -shift The pixels in the first image will be shifted further and further horizontally from their original location and then moved into the proper location in the final image. -relief The first image is faded to a Laplacian relief filtered version of the first image. This is then faded to a Laplacian relief fil- tered version of the second image and finally faded to the final image. -oil The first image is faded to an "oil transfer" version of the first image. This is then faded to an "oil transfer" version of the second image and finally faded to the final image. -edge The first image is faded to an edge detected version of the first image. This is then faded to an edge detected version of the sec- ond image and finally faded to the final image. -bentley The first image is faded to a "Bentley Effect" version of the first image. This is then faded to a "Bentley Effect" version of the second image and finally faded to the final image. -block The first image is defocused to small blocks. The small blocks are converted to match a defocused version of the last image. The block version of the last image is then focused to the final image. -basename This forms part of the output filenames, as described above. EXAMPLES ppmfade -f teapot.ppm -l pyr.ppm Fade from teapot.ppm to pyr.ppm generating fade.0001.ppm to fade.0030.ppm using the "spread" transition. ppmfade -l teapot.ppm Fade from black to teapot.ppm generating fade.0001.ppm to fade.0030.ppm. ppmfade -f teapot.ppm -base end Fade from teapot.ppm to black generating end.0001.ppm to end.0030.ppm. SEE ALSO
tontsc(1), sgifade(1), smart_vfr(1), xmorph(1), ppm(5), AUTHOR
Wesley C. Barris (wesb@msc.edu) Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC) Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc. 1 April 1, 2000 PPMFADE(1)