Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solved: Date: Convert m to mm Post 302847267 by mtucker6784 on Monday 26th of August 2013 03:17:27 PM
Old 08-26-2013
Neutron, that was perfect. Thanks so much, I sure appreciate your prompt response Smilie

Just out of curiosity, can you explain to me how that command knows to insert a 0 if the month isn't a double digit? I don't quite follow the logic in that statement. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by mtucker6784; 08-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Asking about clarification of statement---

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Julian date to calender date

Hi, I have script in unix which creates a julian date like 126 or 127 I want convert this julian date into calender date ex : input 127 output 07/may/2007 or 07/05/2007 or 07/05/07 rgds srikanth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date

If I pass the value in the form YYYY/MM/DD(20100719) how to convert in the form 19\/Jul\/2010 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to convert date into no. using date -d +%s syntax in ksh shell

hi friends, I m trying to write a script which compares to dates. for this i am converting dates into no using synatx as below v2=`date | awk '{print $2,$3,$4}'` v3=`date +%s -d "$v2"` this syntax is working in bash shell ,but fails in ksh shell. please suggest on this. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] need to convert decimal to integer

Using below command awk 'NR==FNR{A=$1;next} {sum+=($2*A)}END{OFMT="%20f";print int(sum)}' Market.txt Product.txt answer:351770174.00000 how to convert this to 351770174. when i try with below command i am getting different result. awk 'NR==FNR{A=$1;next}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace yesterday date with today's date except from the first line

Hello, I have a file like this: 2012112920121130 12345620121130msABowwiqiq 34477420121129amABamauee e7748420121130ehABeheheei in case the content of the file has the date of yesterday within the lines containing pattern AB this should be replaced by the current date. But if I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilu_CK
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date arg to sql date

Doing a bcp load to sybase and need to convert datearg which comes in as 20130501 to 2013-05-01 which is the best way to do this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Convert Row To column

Hi Folks, I am using db2 command -> db2 list tablespace show detail Tablespace ID = 10 Name = TSCDDHLMSUM Type = Database managed space Contents = All permanent data.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a date stored in a variable to epoch date

I am not able to pass date stored in a variable as an argument to date command. I get current date value for from_date and to_date #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x for s in server ; do ssh -T $s <<-EOF from_date="12-Jan-2015 12:02:09" to_date="24-Jan-2015 13:02:09" echo \$from_date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj48
7 Replies
rotatelogs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     rotatelogs(8)

NAME
rotatelogs - rotate Apache logs without having to kill the server SYNOPSIS
rotatelogs logfile rotationtime [offset] DESCRIPTION
rotatelogs is a simple program for use in conjunction with Apache's piped logfile feature, which can be used like this: CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/logfile 86400" common This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.nnnn where nnnn is the system time at which the log nominally starts (this time will always be a multiple of the rotation time, so you can synchronize cron scripts with it). At the end of each rotation time (here after 24 hours) a new log is started. OPTIONS
logfile The path plus basename of the logfile. If logfile includes any Otherwise, the suffix .nnnnnnnnnn is automatically added and is the time in seconds. Both formats compute the start time from the beginning of the current period. rotationtime The rotation time in seconds. offset The number of minutes offset from UTC. If omitted, zero is assumed and UTC is used. For example, to use local time in the zone UTC -5 hours, specify a value of -300 for this argument. PORTABILITY
The following logfile format string substitutions should be supported by all strftime(3) implementations, see the strftime(3) man page for library-specific extensions. %A full weekday name (localized) %a 3-character weekday name (localized) %B full month name (localized) %b 3-character month name (localized) %c date and time (localized) %d 2-digit day of month %H 2-digit hour (24 hour clock) %I 2-digit hour (12 hour clock) %j 3-digit day of year %M 2-digit minute %m 2-digit month %p am/pm of 12 hour clock (localized) %S 2-digit second %U 2-digit week of year (Sunday first day of week) %W 2-digit week of year (Monday first day of week) %w 1-digit weekday (Sunday first day of week) %X time (localized) %x date (localized) %Y 4-digit year %y 2-digit year %Z time zone name %% literal `%' SEE ALSO
httpd(8) March 2001 rotatelogs(8)