Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing... Post 302847227 by RudiC on Monday 26th of August 2013 01:21:32 PM
Old 08-26-2013
Code:
case ${array[3]} in *[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]) echo OK;; esac

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

2. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I create an array from a file using every 3rd line

A file contains the following information shown below. Every ceName has 2 consecutive lines that have to be evaluated, using awk, sed, cut (any common unix tools). Input file: ceName: Node-1 processName: tzMgmt Status: PROCESS_NOT_RUNNING ceName: Node-2 processName: tzMgmt Status:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: Searching with a regex that contains a variable from an array

I'm attempting to grep for lines formatted like this: grep -e '^\\",' Any suggestions as to why this isn't working? ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:17 PM ---------- This was my solution: grep -e '^\'\",' It's hard to read, but basically I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert an array element within regex?

Hello to all, I'm trying to separate the string "str" using a regex within match function. The substrings that I want to separate, begin with 22, 23, 24 or 25 and followed by 12 or 14 characters. And I want to replace 22 with MJS, 23 with UYT, 24 with WER and 25 with PIL. For this string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use decimal value of array in bc ends with illegal character

hi all I have to read a long cvs file every 4 columns with decimal "3,45" numbers. The 9th row in this cvs is the first line I need, so it I tail -n+9. I use sed -e 's/,/./g' to get decimal values with . delimiter. So far no problem. Goal is to get two maximum negative forces in ranges... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grille
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Array connectin to another Array

Hello, i have a script that i need account_number to match a name. for exsample : ACCOUNT_ID=(IatHG8DC7mZbdymSoOr11w KbnlG2j-KRQ0-1_Xk356s8) and i run a loop curl requst with this the issue is that i want to know on which account were talking about so bash will know this : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest alternatives to flattening a non-uniform nested array with regex?

Hello, I'm looking at simplfying a function that flattens an array, it uses recursion and filters objects by type but this seems to be a waste of resources to me at least, using conditionals like this seems like a bad idea. The array can be a generic type, int, string, float but not some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an array member to file

This may be a dupe, but the problem is not complex,it is simple issue. I can create an array of string(s) located in positioning parameters for further processing. Works as expected. Now I like to send / write each string , space separated words , into a file. Of course I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)