Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysql erratic output
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Mysql erratic output Post 302847215 by RudiC on Monday 26th of August 2013 01:03:30 PM
Old 08-26-2013
PLease run your command with the shell's xtrace option set and post the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Erratic ping time issues

Hello, I administer a bunch of Apple XServes running OS X Server and I have one in particular that is annoying me since I brought it online. The host is a dual quad core Intel CPU. en0 is attached to a routable network and en1 is attached to a non-routable network (private switch that all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnat
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to format mysql output

Hi all, Does anyone know how to format the output from mysql from within a shell script? i.e. RESULT=`mysql command` echo ${RESULT} the ${RESULT} only displays the output on one line instead of how mysql would display it as columns etc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get df output into MySQL using bash?

Hi All, I want to run some commands and get the output into a mysql database. I want to run the df cmd into a text file, then import it into my db sysinfo using a bash script. My table "df" has the following 9 fields: server, filesystem, size, used, available, useperc, mounted, date, time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Mysql table output to a log file

I need to compare the 2 mysql database tables. there are around 50 tables in each DB. my idea is in DB1 extract result select * from table1; to alog file1 in DB2 extract result select * from table1; to alog file2 now compare log file 1 file 2 pls help me out ... thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

missing delimiters when mysql output is redirected to log file

Hi, Pls check that '|' and '+' present in Step-1 are not copied to log file in Step-3. Pls suggest how to get the exact output from Step-1 (i.e. with out losing '|' and '+') in to a log file ~Thanks Step-1: Execute command > mysql -utest -ptest -htesthost testdb -e "select * from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format

Good afternoon! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now. I have just recently started posting. I think this is a really good site. With that being said, I don't like to just run and get an answer before I try my best first. I have poured some blood, sweat and tears into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Slow/Erratic wireless internet

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have a ASUS laptop dualbooted with win7 and f16(Fedora 16). I recently shifted from Ubuntu. Wireless internet is very slow and rather erratic on my laptop only in the case of Linux. On win7 its flawless. I have a 30mbps connection and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parth.s
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~* 'brivid'; titolo | lingua ------- + ------ Brivido | 1 On Sqlplus/gqsql SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%'; TITOLO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Erratic output

Hi I have written a shell script to execute my data base query mysql -uroot -pshruti2 -B -e "use WebNmsDB;select HEADERINDEX from tekelec_meas_headers where CLLI=$clli and \ IVALSTART>="$ivalstart" and IVALSTART<"$ivalend" and RPTTYPE="$rpttype";" > win.txt But the output in win.txt is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql output to file

Hi, Below is my code to execute mysql statement , how to save the output to a file ? #!/usr/bin/bash #Script to run automated sql queries #Declaring mysql DB connection MASTER_DB_USER='root' MASTER_DB_PASSWD='root' MASTER_DB_PORT=3306 MASTER_DB_HOST='localhost'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies
PMDABASH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PMDABASH(1)

NAME
pmdabash - Bourne-Again SHell trace performance metrics domain agent SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/bash/pmdabash [-C] [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-I interval] [-t timeout] [-U username] configfile DESCRIPTION
pmdabash is an experimental Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports "xtrace" events from a traced bash(1) process. This includes the command execution information that would usually be sent to standard error with the set -x option to the shell. Event metrics are exported showing each command executed, the function name and line number in the script, and a timestamp. Additionally, the process identifier for the shell and its parent process are exported. This requires bash version 4 or later. A brief description of the pmdabash command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named bash.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdabash is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -s Amount of time (in seconds) between subsequent evaluations of the shell trace file descriptor(s). The default is 2 seconds. -m Maximum amount of memory to be allowed for each event queue (one per traced process). The default is 2 megabytes. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. INSTALLATION
In order for a host to export the names, help text and values for the bash performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/bash # ./Install As soon as an instrumented shell script (see INSTRUMENTATION selection below) is run, with tracing enabled, new metric values will appear - no further setup of the agent is required. If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/bash # ./Remove pmdabash is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. INSTRUMENTATION
In order to allow the flow of event data between a bash(1) script and pmdabash, the script should take the following actions: #!/bin/sh source $PCP_DIR/etc/pcp.sh pcp_trace on $@ # enable tracing echo "awoke, $count" pcp_trace off # disable tracing The tracing can be enabled and disabled any number of times by the script. On successful installation of the agent, several metrics will be available: $ pminfo bash bash.xtrace.numclients bash.xtrace.maxmem bash.xtrace.queuemem bash.xtrace.count bash.xtrace.records bash.xtrace.parameters.pid bash.xtrace.parameters.parent bash.xtrace.parameters.lineno bash.xtrace.parameters.function bash.xtrace.parameters.command When an instrumented script is running, the generation of event records can be verified using the pmevent(1) command, as follows: $ pmevent -t 1 -x '' bash.xtrace.records host: localhost samples: all bash.xtrace.records["4538 ./test-trace.sh 1 2 3"]: 5 event records 10:00:05.000 --- event record [0] flags 0x19 (point,id,parent) --- bash.xtrace.parameters.pid 4538 bash.xtrace.parameters.parent 4432 bash.xtrace.parameters.lineno 43 bash.xtrace.parameters.command "true" 10:00:05.000 --- event record [1] flags 0x19 (point,id,parent) --- bash.xtrace.parameters.pid 4538 bash.xtrace.parameters.parent 4432 bash.xtrace.parameters.lineno 45 bash.xtrace.parameters.command "(( count++ ))" 10:00:05.000 --- event record [2] flags 0x19 (point,id,parent) --- bash.xtrace.parameters.pid 4538 bash.xtrace.parameters.parent 4432 bash.xtrace.parameters.lineno 46 bash.xtrace.parameters.command "echo 'awoke, 3'" 10:00:05.000 --- event record [3] flags 0x19 (point,id,parent) --- bash.xtrace.parameters.pid 4538 bash.xtrace.parameters.parent 4432 bash.xtrace.parameters.lineno 47 bash.xtrace.parameters.command "tired 2" 10:00:05.000 --- event record [4] flags 0x19 (point,id,parent) --- bash.xtrace.parameters.pid 4538 bash.xtrace.parameters.parent 4432 bash.xtrace.parameters.lineno 38 bash.xtrace.parameters.function "tired" bash.xtrace.parameters.command "sleep 2" FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdabash $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/bash/help default help text file for the bash metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/bash/Install installation script for the pmdabash agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/bash/Remove undo installation script for pmdabash $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/bash.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdabash PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
bash(1), pmevent(1) and pmcd(1). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDABASH(1)