Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for a member of an arrray Bash 3.2 with a @.. Post 302846795 by spacebar on Sunday 25th of August 2013 11:49:44 PM
Old 08-26-2013

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new member need help

brothers and sisters iam a new member of your respectful forum hope to accept me i really would like to an expert in unix and linux so please tell me how could ? and what i should have ? i want to make my project in these subject but i dont know what to do and which... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yemen
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Bash Arrays

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. I would like to execute a statement only if an array contains a specific value. For example: array=(1 3 5 7) I would like to execute the statement only if the value 3 is present in ${array}. Thanks for any help, Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for searching a string

Hi, I have a file that contains thousands of records. Each record starts with "New Record". I need to search this file based on a given value of "timestamp" and write all the records that match this timestamp into a new file. I was able to locate the existence of a given value of timestamp using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoponek
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing fast searching operations with a bash script

Hi, Here is a tough requirement , to be served by bash script. I want to perform 3,00,000 * 10,000 searches. i.e. I have 10,000 doc files and 3,00,000 html files in the file-system. I want to check, which of the doc files are referred in any html files. (ex- <a href="abc.doc">abc</a>)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HI Bruce from Central PA I have never used Unix but am sick of Microsoft so want to learn it. I use to own a computer store front and training center and stated our with Atari, Commodore and the 1st PC and MS/DOS then Windows BUT sick of Microsoft controlling the computer industry. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brucec
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for bash to cshell convertor

Hi ,I have seen this comverters before ,but I was searching today and I can not find them .Is anybody used them before .Any recomendations Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching file for pattern, output to file (BASH)

Hello, I'm trying to write a script in Bash to assist in pentesting. Essentially I'm looking to use a script to search for some terms in a log file and then send that key information into another file. The log files consist of HTTP and SSL information that someone creates while browsing and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagesparten007
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Hi guys! My name is Leonida and I am new here to this forum. Nice meeting you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leeoona
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)