Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Date not appearing when listing using ls -la Post 302846761 by bakunin on Sunday 25th of August 2013 06:22:30 PM
Old 08-25-2013
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Changed thread title

Glad you figured it out, but you should URGENTLY check your system:

"Environmental Problem" in your errpt output is something serious, usually the hardware: a dead redundant A/C adapter, a fan not working, or something such. Use errpt -aj <error-id> to get the details.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files that does not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing tomorrows date

I am writing a script to strip data from a log, strip last month and empty the log for the comming month. It works great at the moment, but during testing I decided to change the date to 12/31 and when I ran it, it did not find tomorrows date. Further testing revealed that no dbl digit month would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing file name and date

Hello. I want to make an unix script which create a file with the name and the date of creation of the different files that there are in a directory. Can do you please help me? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jfka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files that belong to a certain year date?

I'm trying to list files, first by size and I'm using something like this ls -l|awk '{print $5,$6,$7,$8,$9|"sort -nr"}'|more Now I'd like to just do the same listing but only for files with the year 2009 in the $8 field or even anything less than 2011. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing based on User and Date

listing based on user. I have files in some folder that come from many user -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4827112 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-8.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4724568 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-6.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih pbank 4929656 Jun 8 08:37 S92TA-19.sgy -rwxrwxr-x 1 ratih ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhnandap
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date listing in a date range

Solaris 10 ksh88 Sorry for re-hashing some of this, but I can't find a proper solution in the forums. Starting with /a/archive containing (on and on date formatted directories) 20060313 20080518 20100725 20121015 20060314 20080519 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesplace
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confused with date - listing

Hello,:) Can anyone help me out in giving a script for my requirement please.. I have a number of files in a directory like somenumber.0100 somenumber.0130 somenumber.0159 somenumber.0300 somenumber.0330 somenumber.0525 . . . here, the number after the dot is the time (hhmm) I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghu8985
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
scan(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   scan(1)

NAME
scan - produce a one-line-per-message scan listing (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
scan [+folder] [msgs] [options] OPTIONS
Directs scan to clear the screen. If the -clear switch is used and the output of scan is directed to a terminal, then scan consults the $TERM and $TERMCAP environmental variables to determine your terminal type in order to find out how to clear the screen prior to exiting. If the -clear switch is used and the output of scan is not directed to a terminal, then scan sends a formfeed prior to exiting. Re-formats the output of scan according to the instructions in the named file. The named formatfile must be in mh-format style; see mh-format(4) for more details. Re-formats the output of scan according to the instructions in the string given. The string must be in mh-format style; see mh-format(4) for more details. You must place the string argument to this command in double quotes ("). Produces a header line prior to the scan listing. The header line displays the name of the folder and the date and time. This can be suppressed using the -noheader option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Lists the output from scan in reverse order, from the highest message number to the lowest. The -noreverse option lists messages in the conventional way, from lowest to highest numbers. The -noreverse option is the default. Specifies the width of your screen, in columns. The defaults for this command are as follows: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to all -noheader -width defaults to the width of the terminal DESCRIPTION
The scan command produces a one-line-per-message listing of the messages in the current folder. You can scan a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. You can use the msgs argument to produce a scan listing of a number of messages or a range of messages in the specified folder. You can also use scan in conjunction with a message sequence defined by mark or pick. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. Each scan line contains the message number, the date, the From: field, the Subject: field, and, if room allows, some of the body of the message. The current message is marked with a plus sign (+). The scan command actually reads each of the specified messages and parses them to extract the desired fields. If format errors are found in any of the messages during parsing, scan produces appropriate error messages. Because MH has been configured with the BERK option, scan has two additional options: -reverse and -noreverse. In addition, scan updates the MH context prior to starting the listing, so interrupting a long scan listing preserves the new context. The default configuration file that is supplied with MH has the BERK option enabled. If scan encounters a message without a Date: field, the date is filled in with the last write date of the message, and an asterisk (*) is appended. This is useful for identifying unsent message drafts. Unsent drafts are not usually allowed to contain a Date: field, and are consequently marked with an asterisk in scan listings. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Alternate-Mailboxes: To determine your mailboxes EXAMPLES
The following example produces a listing of messages 11 through 15 in the folder +inbox : % scan +inbox 11-15 11 18/01 ralph Project Plan Meeting Monday<<This 12 -21/01 johnson squash<<Thought i might postpone 13 21/01 smith@ultrixhost support from US during conversion 14 21/01 jjones@subone.dne new forum for discussion of mail 15+ 21/01 calvin@hobbes.uuc Re: new forum for discussion of m In this listing, the plus sign (+) on message 15 indicates that it is the current message. The hyphen (-) on message 12 indicates that you have replied to the message. It is produced by the -annotate option to repl; see repl(1) for more information. If there is sufficient room left on the line after the subject, scan fills the line with text from the body, preceded by <<, and terminated by >> if the body is suffi- ciently short. FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
inc(1), mark(1), pick(1), show(1), mh-format(4) scan(1)