Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to match strings that sometimes are splitted in 2 lines Post 302846717 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 25th of August 2013 01:32:08 PM
Old 08-25-2013
Hi, it should be p=$0 instead of p=$0 FS

--
Note that this is different from your original specification, in the sense that lengthwise, patterns could now occur more than once on the same line. If this is a possibility, the code would need to be adjusted..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to match a pattern and print lines

Hi I have a file (say 'file1')and I want to search for a first occurence of pattern (say 'ERROR') and print ten lines in the file below pattern. I have to code it in PERL and I am using Solaris 5.9. I appreciate any help with code Thanks Ammu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script: grep multiple lines after pattern match

I have sql file containing lot of queries on different database table. I have to filter specific table queries. Let say i need all queries of test1,test2,test3 along with four lines above it and sql queries can be multi lines or in single line. Input file contains. set INSERT_ID=1; set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings from one file which exactly match to the 1st column of other file and then print lines.

Hi, I have two files. 1st file has 1 column (huge file containing ~19200000 lines) and 2nd file has 2 columns (small file containing ~6000 lines). ################################# huge_file.txt a a ab b ################################## small_file.txt a 1.5 b 2.5 ab ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to multi-transfer splitted files via scp

Hey :3 I am moving some stuff between different servers. I do it like this: scp -r -P 22 -i ~/new.ppk /var/www/bigfile.tar.gz user@123.123.123.123:/var/www/bigfile.tar.gz Lets say, this file is 50 GiB. I would like to know, if its possible to split the file in different parts,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keenora
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning two lines if they both match strings

Hi I have a problem where I have a large amount of files that I need to scan and return a line and its following line, but only when the following line begins with a string. String one - line one must begin with 'Bill' String two - line two must begin with 'Jones'. If these two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormajormajor
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to match lines in screen

I'd like to ask people who knows bash scripting to write me a script which would open a specific screen and match lines. Here is algorithm I'm thinking about. Find SCREENS named name1, name2.... and nameX. Open them one by one and type 'STATS' Match last lines of the screen before command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GhostMan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimited records splitted into different lines

Hi I am using delimited sequence file. Delimter we are using is pipe .But for some of the records for one of the column the values are getting split into different lines as shown below "113"|"0155"|"2016-04-27 07:59:04"|"1930"|"TEST@TEST"|"2016-04-27 11:04:04.357000000"|"BO"|"Hard... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies
scsi_arq_status(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				       scsi_arq_status(9S)

NAME
scsi_arq_status - SCSI auto request sense structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
When auto request sense has been enabled using scsi_ifsetcap(9F) and the "auto-rqsense" capability, the target driver must allocate a sta- tus area in the SCSI packet structure for the auto request sense structure (see scsi_pkt(9S)). In the event of a check condition, the transport layer automatically executes a request sense command. This check ensures that the request sense information does not get lost. The auto request sense structure supplies the SCSI status of the original command, the transport information pertaining to the request sense command, and the request sense data. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_status sts_status; /* SCSI status */ struct scsi_status sts_rqpkt_status; /* SCSI status of request sense cmd */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_reason; /* reason completion */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_resid; /* residue */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_state; /* state of command */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_statistics; /* statistics */ struct scsi_extended_sense sts_sensedata; /* actual sense data */ sts_status is the SCSI status of the original command. If the status indicates a check condition, the transport layer might have performed an auto request sense command. sts_rqpkt_status is the SCSI status of the request sense command. sts_rqpkt_reason is the completion reason of the request sense command. If the reason is not CMD_CMPLT, then the request sense command did not complete normally. sts_rqpkt_resid is the residual count of the data transfer and indicates the number of data bytes that have not been transferred. The auto request sense command requests SENSE_LENGTH bytes. sts_rqpkt_state has bit positions representing the five most important statuses that a SCSI command can go obtain. sts_rqpkt_statistics maintains transport-related statistics of the request sense command. sts_sensedata contains the actual sense data if the request sense command completed normally. SEE ALSO
scsi_ifgetcap(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 1996 scsi_arq_status(9S)