Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rsync Can I delete .NFS and .fuse files Post 302846655 by vbe on Sunday 25th of August 2013 09:21:12 AM
Old 08-25-2013
Without seeing the perms (and type) all we know is what you say you have files...
Usually files hidden are hidden purposely and so when you dont know what they are, you should not touch them...
Knowing your OS and the attributes of the files can help us, in telling you more...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync with the --delete option.

Tell me this - set me straight! the --delete option says "delete files that don't exist on the sending side" Does this mean and only mean that it will delete files from the DESTINATION that DON'T EXIST on the sending side? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallender
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync with the --delete option

Tell me this - set me straight! The --delete option says "delete files that don't exist on the sending side" Does this mean and only mean that it will delete files from the DESTINATION that DON'T EXIST on the sending side? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sallender
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync question (regarding --delete)

Hi there Does anybody know of a way that i can, instead of issuing a --delete when syncing one directory to another, I can instead somehow receive a list of what would be deleted, but not actually delete it ? basically, people are occasionally putting files into one of synced folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

4. Fedora

rsync --delete

When I try to back up my libraries with rsync -azv --delete -e ssh /home/sarah/ saga:/home/sarah/bupembladaily/ I get error message rsync: readlink_stat("/home/sarah/.gvfs") failed: Permission denied (13) FATAL I/O ERROR: dying to avoid a --delete-during issue with a pre-3.0.7 receiver.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahslagstedt
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 5.6 Slow rsync to NFS array

Hi All, I have RHEL 5.6 with a 70GB local directory of Web content. Images, PHP scripts etc. I need to copy all this content to an NFS array thats mounted on the RHEL server. I did a baseline cp to copy the content one week ago. Since my baseline copy the local directory has grown by 8GB.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete specific files - from different target folder

Hi, I need to use rsync to delete multiple files(only specified files not all) using --delete option, these files are located in different target folders. Instead of running rsync command multiple times for each file, can we achieve this with one time execution? your help is much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is rsync --delete on some files without write permission possible?

Hello all, I have a problem with rsync command. From a backup server, I use a command like the one below: rsync -av --delete user@host:/home/user/ /home/backup_user/daily_rotating_backup/ In some folders of the user there are some files on which he has removed his write permission on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync - delete extra files in Destination without synchronising directories

I have a script that synchronises a directory to a DR server, but to improve the time, I actually use rsync to transfer files * in one batch and also * in another batch - both batches run from the same script and run in the background. My problem is that there isn't much space on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Catullus
1 Replies
touch(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						 touch(1B)

NAME
touch - change file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/touch [-acfm] file... DESCRIPTION
touch sets the access and modification times of each file to the current time. file is created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
-a Change the access time of file. Do not change the modification time unless -m is also specified. -c Do not create file if it does not exist. -f Attempt to force the touch in spite of read and write permissions on file. -m Change the modification time of file. Do not change the access time unless -a is also specified. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of touch when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 touch executed successfully and all requested changes were made. >0 An error occurred. touch returns the number of files for which the times could not be successfully modified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
touch(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 1995 touch(1B)