Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions SQL Server import csv or txt on a Solaris box Post 302846609 by figaro on Sunday 25th of August 2013 04:03:43 AM
Old 08-25-2013
I suppose with PC you mean a Windows environment? You can't use PC and Unix SAS at the same time without any configuration beforehand. Files would need to be transferred using scp or automatic ftp.
Presuming that the data is in a structured format already and if we are talking about one file only, can't you use one of the two systems, given that they have overlapping functionality?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i'm pulling my hair out getting a solaris 8 box to work as a caching name server

i've gone through the sun docs as well as a Solaris Network Admin book. while the book is fair, it lacks detail and i'm sure there are things it's missing on getting a caching only name server working. as for the sun docs... what it has is really miserable. i can't make anything out of it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a file from win3k server on to my solaris 9 box

Hey guys, Please don't lynch me for asking this question but I'm trying to get a file from a windows 2k3 server and store it on one of my Solaris 9 machines (automated in cron or something weekly) so I can then store it to tape. I'm just trying to think of the best way to get the file and I'm... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

From Solaris UNIX to MS SQL Server

Hello, my problem is, that I want to send an SQL-Statement via ksh-Shell to an MS-SQL-Database based on SQL Server 2005. I want to receive a file, which can be used for further actions on UNIX (Sun OS 5.9). ODBCUnix and JDBC and FreeTDS are not allowed. Does anybody have a suggestion? Br,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: usagi67
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Can we use a solaris box as a web server?

Can we use a solaris box as a web server? If yes then can any one can explain each and every steps to configure a Solaris web server? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris box to AD,Exchange server 2003

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I am trying to add a solaris box to server 2003, it is an active directory and exchange server. I have succeeded in adding it to network in general -- meaning I can access the server and xp files over the network. But what I want to do is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofakingjewish
3 Replies

6. Programming

import .txt and split word into array C

Hi, if I want to import .txt file that contain information and the number separate by space how can I split and put into array In C Example of .txt file 3 Aqaba 49789 10000 5200 25.78 6987 148976 12941 15.78 99885 35262 2501 22.98 Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to read data from txt file and import to oracle db

Hi all, Help needed urgently. I am currently writing a shellscript to read data/record from a flat file (.txt) file, and import/upload the data to oracle database. The script is working fine, but it takes too long time (for 18000 records, it takes around 90 mins). I guess it takes so long... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robot_mas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to import a value from txt file

Hello, I want to give a value from a txt file to my variable at my ksh script. I`ve searched on the net and I found the command variable < file.txt but it cannot see the file. The .txt file contains two values in the first and the second line. Is there any way to give the first-line value to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris_euop
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import 2 columns from 8 .csv files into pandas df (side by side) and write a new csv

I have 8 .csv files with 16 columns and "n" rows with no Header. I want to parse each of these .csv and get column and put the data into a new.csv. Once this is done, the new.csv should have 16 columns (2 from each input.csv) and "n" rows. Now, I want to just take the average of Column from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

10. Solaris

I can't edit a txt file shared from Window server to Solaris

Hello, I'm working with Solaris and I need to share files between Windows Server 2012 and Solaris through an authentication with an Active Directory user, where Windows Server is the "main server". All was going good, until after see the WS files and I tried to open one and modify it, but I cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: QeratD0
1 Replies
WNPKGS(7WN)							     WordNettm							       WNPKGS(7WN)

NAME
wnpkgs - description of various WordNet system packages DESCRIPTION
WordNet 3.0 is distributed in several formats and in various packages. All of the packages are available via anonymous FTP from ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu and from the WordNet Web site at http://wordnet.princeton.edu. Packages Available Via FTP and WWW The following WordNet packages can be downloaded using a web browser from ftp://ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu/wordnet/3.0, or from the Web site noted above. Users can also FTP directly from ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu, directory wordnet/3.0. +----------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------------------------+ | Package | Filename | Platform | Description | +----------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------------------------+ |Database | WordNet-3.0.tar.gz | Unix/OS X | WordNet 3.0 database, inter- | | | | | faces, sense index, interface | | | | | and library source code, doc- | | | | | umentation. | |Database | WordNet-3.0.exe | Windows | WordNet 3.0 database, inter- | | | | | faces, sense index, interface | | | | | and library source code, doc- | | | | | umentation. | |Prolog Database | WNprolog-3.0.tar.gz | All | WordNet 3.0 database files in | | | | | Prolog-readable format, docu- | | | | | mentation. | |Sense Map | WNsnsmap-3.0.tar.gz | All | Mapping of 2.1 to 3.0 senses, | | | | | documentation. | +----------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------------------------+ Database Package The database package is a complete installation for WordNet 3.0 users. It includes the 3.0 database files, source code for the WordNet browsers and library, and documentation. The other packages are not included - they must be downloaded and installed separately. Note that with this version of WordNet for Unix platforms, only source code is provided. Users should carefully read the README and INSTALL files for detailed information on compiling WordNet and dependencies. Prolog Database Package The WordNet 3.0 database files are available in this package in a Prolog-readable format. Documentation describing the file format is included. This package is only downloadable in compressed tar file format, although once unpackaged it can be used from Windows systems since the files are in ASCII. Many Windows utilities, such as WinZip, can deal with a compressed tar file. Sense Map Package To help users automatically convert 2.1 noun and verb senses to their corresponding 3.0 senses, we provide sense mapping information in this package. This package contains files to map polysemous and monosemous words, and documentation that describes the format of these files. As with the Prolog database, this package is only downloadable in compressed tar format, but the files are also in ASCII. NOTES
The lexicographer files and grind(1WN) program are not generally distributed. All of the packages described above may not be available at the time of release of the 3.0 database package. SEE ALSO
wnintro(1WN), wnintro(3WN), wnintro(5WN), wnintro(7WN). WordNet 3.0 Dec 2006 WNPKGS(7WN)