Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Dynamically checking rules in database tables using SQL Post 302846529 by durden_tyler on Saturday 24th of August 2013 12:17:07 PM
Old 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro
... So how do I then execute the generated SELECT statements?
(1) Create a script to generate such queries.
(2) Pass the script to the mysql command and redirect the output to a file.
(3) And then pass the queries.sql containing the generated queries to the mysql command.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

writing database tables into a file in unix

I want to collect the database tables(Ex: Emp,Sal,Bonus...etc) in a file & give this file at the command prompt, when prompted for the tables list at command prompt. How can i do that ? Ex:- Import jason/jason1 tables=emp,sal,bonus log=j1.log i want to change this into Ex:- Import... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating back up of database tables

Hi all, i would like to set a cronjob to back up my db tables. I have written the par file, i would like to know how can i execute a exp command in a shell script. my par file userid=admin/password file=backup.dmp log=backupLOG.log tables= (Tables 1, Tables 2)My cron job script will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

4. Programming

SQL Add to Multiple Tables

I'm pretty new to the database world and I've run into a mental block of sorts. I've been unable to find the answer anywhere. Here's my problem: I have several tables and everything is as normalized as possible (as I've been lead to understand normalization.) Normalization has lead to some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flakblas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script

Hi all, I am executing shell script in which I am using SQLLDR In this SQLLDR I am passing text file having PL/SQL script. This script will produce some formated output, this output I have to spool in another text file. Currently I have given this in script file as following Spool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
2 Replies

6. Programming

Query to join two tables in SQL

Hi, I have 2 tables. Table1 name map_code data_code id aaa 2732C 3333B 10 bbb 1223F 2545v 11 ccc 12 Table2 name map_code data_code id text_description aaa 2732C 3333B 10 description 1 bbb 1223F 2545v 11 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with database checking script

I haven't coded in ksh in forever and this script is proving me not a great coder. I keep getting unexpected end of file when I try to execute this...Line 94 is the last line of the code.. #!/usr/bin/ksh . /home/oraprod/.bash_profile DBSID=prod # Database sid CONNECTSTR=apps/xxxxxxxx@prod #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkladb
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify tables from Oracle sql scripts

Hi, Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to read a table that has all the oracle sql files or shell scripts at the job and step level to identify all the tables that does merge, update, delete, insert, create, truncate, alter table (ALTER TABLE XYZ RENAME TO ABC) and call them out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies
MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)							 1							 MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)

mysql_db_query - Selects a database and executes a query on it

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 5.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_select_db(3) then the query o PDO::__construct resource mysql_db_query (string $database, string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_db_query(3) selects a database, and executes a query on it. o $database - The name of the database that will be selected. o $query - The MySQL query. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns a positive MySQL result resource to the query result, or FALSE on error. The function also returns TRUE/ FALSE for INSERT/ UPDATE/ DELETE queries to indicate success/failure. +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function now throws an E_DEPRECATED notice. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ Example #1 mysql_db_query(3) alternative example <?php if (!$link = mysql_connect('mysql_host', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password')) { echo 'Could not connect to mysql'; exit; } if (!mysql_select_db('mysql_dbname', $link)) { echo 'Could not select database'; exit; } $sql = 'SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE id = 42'; $result = mysql_query($sql, $link); if (!$result) { echo "DB Error, could not query the database "; echo 'MySQL Error: ' . mysql_error(); exit; } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['foo']; } mysql_free_result($result); ?> Note Be aware that this function does NOT switch back to the database you were connected before. In other words, you can't use this function to temporarily run a sql query on another database, you would have to manually switch back. Users are strongly encouraged to use the database.table syntax in their sql queries or mysql_select_db(3) instead of this function. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)