Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need help on AIX command
Operating Systems AIX I need help on AIX command Post 302846213 by vbe on Friday 23rd of August 2013 07:46:43 AM
Old 08-23-2013
Perhaps if you tell us more on your platform and OS version we could try to understand...
And more what is wrong with nmon?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command for hp-ux and aix

is there is any command for obtaining System manfuture detail lke Dell, IBM etc from HP-UX and AIX command. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janki0111
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX command help

I have this command in my script and it's working fine with AIX: ls init?*.ora 2>/dev/null | egrep -i -e "" the same command is failing in Solaris 10. does anyone have better idea how to make it work for both ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX - 'at' command

I am working on AIX 5.2 platform and working with AIX command 'at' . May I am getting a weird problem . I have a script which is scheduled to run everyday.It uses 'at' command to call one java program. Most of the times 'at' command works fine without any issue but sometimes 'at' command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: techi_0408
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need AIX command

1.What is the equivalent of the command "ls -ltr -h" in AIX..Which will list all file name with their size in GB 2. What comand can be used to display the output of df -k in GB in AIX. In in solaris we do df -h. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: e263041
0 Replies

7. AIX

Need AIX command

1.What is the equivalent of the command "ls -ltr -h" in AIX..Which will list all file name with their size in GB 2. What comand can be used to display the output of df -k in GB in AIX. In in solaris we do df -h. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: e263041
6 Replies

8. AIX

help ma aix command

I don't know to aix command to check number of cpu, speed of cpu memory, size, memory type (ex. memory type chipkill) internal harddisk, size how many to seial I/O ? fibre network interface raid controller, raid type DVD-rom, speed DVD-rom aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovenid
1 Replies

9. AIX

at command in aix

Hi I use this "at" command to unmount 12 filesystems in my aix server echo "ksh /usr/local/bin/umount.sh" | at now i want to schedule it on a daily basis. I know that it can be done via crontab. But Im just curious to know if daily wise scheduling can also be done via the "at" command ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)