Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to mount in failsafe mode in Solaris 10 Post 302846069 by jlliagre on Friday 23rd of August 2013 02:05:13 AM
Old 08-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
You mention the interface is e1000g0. That tells me this is a SPARC system.
The e1000g driver is supported on both SPARC and x86 hardware.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. Solaris

mount & umount in sigle-user mode

In Solaris 8, when I boot to single user mode, mount a device and then reboot or init 0, the system unmount it automatically. However, in Solaris 10 it does not seem to do the same. Here is what I did: {0} ok boot -s # format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 failsafe can not mount root

i have a major problem, i renamed the ld.so.1 file. so i want to reboot into single user mode / fail safe / cdrom single user but i will not mount the root disk. if i look in /dev/dsk all i see is ide disks (cdrom) and no actual disks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
2 Replies

4. Solaris

failsafe mode

What is failsafe mode? how to enter into the failsafe mode? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to login into GUI mode.

hii all, I am unable to login into GUI mode in solaris 10. It is only prompting me to command mode credentials not going further to GUI mode.. Please help.. Thanks & regards, Bhagi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
3 Replies

6. Solaris

"No disk found" in failsafe mode

Hi all. I have a problem: My server is HP DL380 G5, and installed Sun OS 5.10 generic i86pc I have misstake when hit command "crle -l /opt/nms/lib", so default library path "/lib:/usr/libs" lose. Now, I can't restart system, message is: "Warning:init(1m) existed on fatal signal 9". So, i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanglung117
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to mount ext4 filesystem (created from Ubuntu) in Solaris 11

Hello everyone, I am trying to mount an ext4 filesystem which I created from Ubuntu. But mount command fails saying: prakhar@Solaris:~$ sudo mount /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 /mnt Password: mount: /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 is not this fstype And I also tried this: prakhar@Solaris:~$ fstyp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prakhar Mishra
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris failsafe - what is it ?

Hi all, Tried googling what is solaris failsafe, but results from oracle only show how to use it, but not what is it Can any kind soul here shed some light or point me to some documentation ? Do we need to install failsafe during the OS installation ? is failsafe located on the same disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Failsafe mode advantages and disadvantages

Hi Guys, Have you tried running Solaris 10 on Failsafe mode? What are their advantages and disadvantages? What would you recommend for a roll-back plan in case something happens after failsafe mode? I need to run on failsafe mode to be able to execute fsck. Appreciate your kind... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bocha
1 Replies
NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						  NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)

NAME
nfsmount.conf - Configuration file for NFS mounts SYNOPSIS
Configuration file for NFS mounts that allows options to be set globally, per server or per mount point. DESCRIPTION
The configuration file is made up of multiple sections followed by variables associated with that section. A section is defined by a string enclosed by [ and ] branches. Variables are assignment statements that assign values to particular variables using the = operator, as in Proto=Tcp. Sections are broken up into three basic categories: Global options, Server options and Mount Point options. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] - This statically named section defines all of the global mount options that can be applied to every NFS mount. [ Server "Server_Name" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on mounts to a particular NFS server. The "Server_Name" strings needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the server name used in the mount command. [ MountPoint "Mount_Point" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on a particular mount point. The "Mount_Point" string needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the mount point used in the mount command. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines of how sections and variables are defined in the configuration file. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] Proto=Tcp The TCP protocol will be used on every NFS mount. [ Server "nfsserver.foo.com" ] rsize=32k wsize=32k A 33k (32768 bytes) block size will be used as the read and write size on all mounts to the 'nfsserver.foo.com' server. [ MountPoint "/export/home" ] Background=True All mounts to the '/export/home' export will be performed in the background (i.e. done asynchronously). FILES
/etc/nfsmount.conf Default NFS mount configuration file SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), 9 Mar 2008 NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)