Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adduser or useradd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adduser or useradd Post 302846007 by Aia on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 09:47:55 PM
Old 08-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldforged
PS: What Linux distro do you suggest me to use in order to prepare for my LPI exams ?
If you do not have LPI 101 already, I recommend CompTIA Linux+ since, at this time, it has a partnership with LPI, which if you pass CompTIA LX0-101 and LX0-102 you will be passing the certification as well for LPI 101 and 102 and you can ask them for both certifications.

In any case, these certifications are vendor neutral, which means you do have to know quite a bit about many things Linux.
For instance, instead of having to know, only, rpm and and yum as in Redhat; with LPI you'll need to know dpkg, and apt-get, as well.

Therefore, you'll need a distribution based in Debian and a distribution based in Redhat, for better results.

RHCSA and RHCE are the next step. Theses exams are real hands on, and there is no multiple choice questions. For these you must configure whatever they ask you in a virtual machine, and the killer is that you must know things very well, including Selinux, because the time allow will be your enemy.
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question related to command "adduser"

Hello.. I dont know if i can ask this question in this session..if wrong please correct me.. This is my question.. When iam creating a user with command " adduser xxx" Where are the changes happening.. I know in /etc/passwd , /etc/shadow... in /home Is there any i missed.. please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

2. Programming

adduser

Hi, Let me know any urls where i can get the source code for "adduser" program.. Please help.. esham (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for nessus-adduser

I took a stab at writing a script to automate the interactive process of adding users to Nessus - I have zero previous coding experience. So far, it doesn't get me anywhere. I took small sections of code from posts I found on this site and others:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolamiami
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec a build command (adduser) in a script

Hi, With a awk script i create a "adduser line" $ cat /tmp/tmp.ldif | awk -f ldif2adduser.awk adduser --uid 1002 --gid 1000 --gecos "ROUSSIN Guy" --home /homeL/guy --shell /bin/bash --disabled-password guy If i cut and paste this line, all is fine. But in a shell script i get errors : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guyr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate adduser on FreeBSD?

After just posting a query on beginners@perl.org inquiring about the perl API for automating useradd/userdel/usermod on FreeBSD, I got to thinking: Maybe perl is not the best approach to automating useradd/usermod/userdel. We have a list of users from a windows system and we want to run a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Adduser -> Access denied

hi, I have a problem with any user i created on a linux server RH. With the user root i did: adduser toto passwd toto (to give it a password - message : "all authentication tokens updated successfully") I can do a "su - toto", but when I try to connect it directly by ssh i have the message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 adduser

Brain teaser, I was given the task below. I believe the consultant runs software on his laptop that probes our QA tier web servers for xxx The two web servers are xxx I attempt useradd command on XXX which seems to work, but when I attempt to assign a pwd, the OS denies it and says user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yellow_mustard
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adduser

hi, when i want to "adduser newuser" i receved this warning : event type "audit_buf" is a fixed event and may not be manipulated help me please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies
JABLICATOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						     JABLICATOR(1)

NAME
jablicator - Share package collection choice across machines SYNOPSIS
jablicator [--root <path>] DESCRIPTION
jablicator generates an "apt-get"-able package. The package itself is empty. However it has a dependency for every non-required Debian package that is on the machine. This program will create and populate two directories dists and pool in your working directory. You can then move them to a web accessible location. This utility is designed to reduce software distribution and maintenance costs by reducing redundant system administration. For example, I have spent a lot of time finding and vetting image processing software from Debian's large package collection. With this utility, my image processing colleague down the hall can easily benefit from the fruit of my labor. There are many replication techniques in Debian. This one has the advantage of using the apt and dpkg infrastructure. A disadvantage is the possibility of packages changing out from under you in the Debian distribution (especially in testing or unstable). That means that jabli- cator output can grow stale over time if it is not regenerated. SECURITY
The packages produced by this program contain a lot of information, including a list of the Debian packages installed on the machine and a listing of apt-get sources. Some system administrators consider sharing such information a security risk. FILES
/etc/apt/sources.list OPTIONS
--root <path> Being able to pull in package selections from another install can be helpful, in the cases of a non-functional system, or reading from a hard drive install under Knoppix. In other words, source from a root filesystem that is not mounted at the root. This is a rare situation and most users should not use this option. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8) apt-get(8). AUTHOR
Jeff Breidenbach <jab@debian.org>. THANKS
Tom Parks, Cliff Weinstein, Burkhard Perkens-Golomb. Debian/GNU Linux September 2001 JABLICATOR(1)