Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to concatenate Path name to a variable?? Post 302845953 by Pete.kriya on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 05:04:39 PM
Old 08-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Try
Code:
${XML_PATH_FLAG}/*.xml

This really helped..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking on concatenate variable

Hi , like to ask if we use ksh script to take in parameter into $1 and how do i concatenate the $1 value with some words into a variable?? Below is what i have written and i think is wrong ,how do i write it? datafile="Report" || $1 || ".xls" (Should become Report2000.xls) echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate a string and a variable

I need a way to build variable in this manner: variable_$i Inside a for loop i need to create it. where i goes from 1 to 30.. and then i need to print them on screen with echo $variable_$i which is the best way to do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedivia
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string to a variable

Hello All, How to concatenate a string to a variable in a script I'm having a file which is consisting of data and i need to extract the first line of the file and append it to a string. /tmp/samp.list containg 60000 I like to concatenate it with a string (SS_) grep -w SS_$(head -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkamalkishore
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable concatenate

Hello, It might be stupid question But I will ask it any way:) var1="1 2 3 4" var2="5 6 7 8" var3=$var1\ $var2 var4="$var1\n$var2" echo "$var1" echo "$var2" echo "$var3" echo "$var4" The result of executing this code is as follow 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4\n5 6... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create concatenate the shell variable with file content

Hi Guys, I have a file. Each record needs to inserted into a table. The table also have other columns which needs to be inserted with Shell variables. The following is the file. Error code None. Error Code 1 The shell script is having these variables. Name=Magesh Dep=Coding ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate two variables and form the third variable

Hi Guys, I was scratching my head for this for half a day... finally not successful :confused: Following is the problem I have a variable $ var1=123 $ var2-234 $ var3=345 and another Variable $ i=1 Now i wanted to save these into a Variable as shown below for i in 1 2 3 do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
5 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)							 xmlstarlet Manual						     XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xml <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)