Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Data sorting out from log file Post 302845333 by batka on Wednesday 21st of August 2013 09:21:38 AM
Old 08-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
put
Code:
awk -F'[]:]' '/INFO/ {print > ($6 "_xyz.txt")}' $1

in a file, make it executable, and test... it need the filename fo argument ($1)
The filename is newcs-in.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL data - sorting

Hello, I have a page where multiple fields and their values are displayed. But I am able to sort only a few fields. When I looked into the issue, it is seen that the for each row of info , an unique id is generated and id.txt is generated and saved. Only those fields which are inside that id.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data in an ASCII file

Hi,,, is there anyway to sort the data that I have on an ASCII file, using unix? :confused::confused::confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting

Hi All, I have a long list made of 4 columns containing entries such as the following example: a b c d 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 2 5 3 4 3 8 4 6 4 10 9 8 5 15 8 10So the top row is the header and I need to arrange the data in a way as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000 I need to come up with information in below exact format of my data set : Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data in file based on field in another file

Hi, I have two files, one of which I would like to sort based on the order of the data in the second. I would like to do this using a simple unix statement. My two files as follows: File 1: 12345 1 2 2 2 0 0 12349 0 0 2 2 1 2 12350 1 2 1 2 2 2 . . . File2: 12350... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Monitoring log file for entries - Find command & sorting

hi, I would like to monitor a log file, which rolls over, everytime a server is restarted. I would like to grep for a string, and to be more efficient i'd like to grep only newly appended data. so something like a 'tail -f' would do, however, as the log rolls over i think a 'tail -F' is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting data file by date and time

Hello. Sorting data file by date and time with the following issues: Date is in the following format m/d/yyyy, no leading zeros Time is in the following format h:m:s AM/PM, no leading zeros Any ideas on how to sort data when the above issues? Could the date/time be converted inline to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBurns
5 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.41.14 December 2010 LOGSAVE(8)