Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Sun Oracle Netra T5220 processor help Post 302844993 by nerdboy on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 01:28:05 PM
Old 08-20-2013
Error Sun Oracle Netra T5220 processor help

I recently required some Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I do not have much knowledge of Sun products.

The units do not have video cards or hard drives. How can I tell/go about figuring out what clock speed and how many cores the processor is?

They are all outfitted with 32GB of memory. Two are manufactured the 48th week of 2011.

They have single UltraSparc T2 processors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun T5210 & T5220

Hi! Does anybody got some experiences with the Sun Server T5210 or T5220? -> especially in network configuration! Thanks... BYE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaufmoa
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Fire V1280 / E2900 / Netra 1280

Hello, I'm trying to fix this server System Board (CPU/Memory Unit). The error indicates that its missing 3.3VDC. So far all the fuses and caps have been checked. I new at this type of machine, need help for idea on this system. Thank you in advance. Vu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhtran
0 Replies

3. Solaris

sun netra t1

so i've grabbed this sun netra t1 for some small dev work. now obviously i need to install sol10. no problem done it a million times except for the fact that i've never actually done it w/o a term server. so i grab a usb to serial and a serial to rj45 (the one you get in every cisco order.. roll... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
24 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Netra T1 won't poweron/no POST

Hi guys. I have an old Netra T1 that I'm hoping to recover here so I can twiddle around with Solaris 10. It's been unable to power on despite issuing the "poweron" command or hitting the switch at the back of the server for some time. The LOM command "env" reports ALARM3 ON and everything else... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: detach8
8 Replies

5. Solaris

SUN Netra 240 Boot error

Hi, When I am trying to boot my SUN Netra 240 Machine its giving some boot error. > {1} ok boot -i > Boot device: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/disk@0,0:a File and args: -i > Boot load failed. > The file just loaded does not appear to be executable. > {1} ok I tried to boot it from cdrom... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppandey21
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Help size Netra T5220 to MAX

I have a new Netra T5220 that came preinstalled OS 10. The purpose is to be a backup server to store images of other Server Blades. There are three systems that will be storing their backups. Per engineering documents and with the vendor system it is determined that we needed somewhere around 300... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udubya
3 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun T5220 Firmware question

Hello all, I've been researching this to no avail, I have a T5220 running firmware 7.2.2.e (139442-06) However, the issue I have is that I want to update the firmware yet Oracle maintains 3 different sets of firmware for the T5220: 7.2.x = (139442-14) Being the latest at 7.2.11.a;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seckure
4 Replies

8. Hardware

[solved] Sun Netra X1 - Adding a Second Hard Drive

As the title suggests, I'm trying to install a second drive (really want an OS mirror) on a Sun Netra X1. I've taken the spacer out, and had a go at with the drill-press so now I have a nice HDD tray. Have installed an IDE drive in the tray, plugged in the power and data cables that were... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
0 Replies

9. Solaris

SUn Netra X4200 M2 Drivers

Hi Guys, Could someone please share the dvd/cd that came with server Netra x4200 M2 since it is not more available in Oracle site? Or do you know where I can get that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CristianS
4 Replies

10. Solaris

I can't boot my Sun T5220 server from cdrom.

hi:) i can't boot my sun server by iso solaris 10 sparc dvd that i did download from oracle site. my hardware is sun T5220. i receive these after running boot cdrom -s : can't read disk lable can't open disk lable package ERROR: boot-read fail whould u help me? Please use CODE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arefdel
1 Replies
pset_destroy(2) 						System Calls Manual						   pset_destroy(2)

NAME
pset_destroy() - destroy a processor set SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function destroys the processor set pset, releasing all constituent processors and processes by default. The processors and processes are reassigned to the system default processor set. Once destroyed, the pset identifier becomes available for new processor sets that may be created in the future. The behavior when attempting to destroy a non-empty processor set may be controlled by changing the attribute of the processor set through the function. See pset_getattr(2). The following values are supported for the attribute: Reassign all processors in the pset to the system default processor set. Migrate all threads and processes bound to the pset to the system default proces- sor set. Make the request fail with if there are any threads or processes bound to pset or if there are processors assigned to the pset. Make the request fail with only if there are active threads or processes bound to the processor set. Otherwise, perform the operation by reassigning the processors in the pset to the system default processor set. If the threads and processes being reassigned to the default processor set have some binding to a processor or a locality domain in the pset being destroyed, their binding is reassigned to a processor or a locality domain in the system default processor set. A user with the privilege or a user with WRITE permission on the pset may destroy the processor set pset. The system default processor set may never be destroyed. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. Note on Logical Processor and Hyper-Threading Feature On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled at the firmware level, each processor core may have more than one hyper-thread per physical processor core. Each hyper-thread is represented to the operating system and applications as a logical processor (LCPU). Due to the processor set contract, which specifies that applications bound to a processor set have complete and exclusive control of all processor cores within that processor set, migration of processors between two processor sets is done at the processor core granularity. For destruction of a processor set migrates a set of processor cores to the default processor set. Depending on the source processor set and the default processor set's the number of logical processors visible to the users and applications may change. EXAMPLES
Destroy a processor set with the processor set ID of pset. RETURN VALUE
returns zero on successful completion. Otherwise, -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following is true: The attribute value for the processor set does not allow deletion of a non-empty processor set. The operation was interrupted. pset is not a valid processor set. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. The user does not have necessary permissions to destroy a processor set or the system default processor set was specified. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_ctl(2), pset_getattr(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). pset_destroy(2)