Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If then else - Retry operation Post 302844739 by krishmaths on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 01:17:34 AM
Old 08-20-2013
You may need to loop it up until you get response as "y" like the following.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Put Values in an myarrayname and read them back
file="FILE.EXT"     # input filename

yes="n"
while read line ;do
      wardevent=${line:3:2}                        # find the wardells Event code 
      eventnam=$(echo $line | cut -d '"' -f4)        # Extract the event

#read -p "Enter the code for the Center event $eventnam  - " mmevent </dev/tty

#read -p "Is this Event Code correct? y/n " yes </dev/tty
#    if [ "$yes" == "y" ]
#        then myarrayname["$wardevent"]="$mmevent"    # Write new line to Array and Continue to next entry
#        else exit                                    #Ask again to redo line
#    fi 
     until [ "$yes" == "y" ]
     do
       read -p "Enter the code for the Center event $eventnam  - " mmevent </dev/tty
       read -p "Is this Event Code correct? y/n " yes </dev/tty

done
    myarrayname["$wardevent"]="$mmevent"
    yes="n" 
done <"$file"

Added lines in blue and commented unwanted lines.
This User Gave Thanks to krishmaths For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Unix printer waiting for auto-retry

Running SCO 5.0.5 with all the updates available on a Compaq 800 and just ran into this problem of the printer that is hooked up to /dev/lp0 &or /dev/lp. The printer has been working fine for 5 plus years and still works on another machine. I've uninstalled & re-installed the parallel port and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfaiman
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enomem in Journal Retry Error

Hi, Does anyone seen this error before.. kernel: ENOMEM in journal_alloc_journal_head, retrying. I encounter this problem on IBM eServers where when the above error appears usually the machine is dead or hanged. Unless a hard reboot is been done. Is this something have to do with the memory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

retry process in ftp

hi #!/bin/bash SERVER=10.89.40.35 USER=xyz PASSWD=xyz ftp -in $SERVER<<EOF user $USER $PASSWD mkdir PPL cd /path of remote dir lcd /path of local dir hash bin put <file name> bye <<EOF The above ftp script i have to schedule in crontab at a particular instance of time run daily.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retry every ten seconds while lockfile present

Hi, I have written below check lockfile script but need some tweaking on it. If there is a lockfile from present, I need the script to retry every 10 seconds to see if the lockfile is still there. After 120 seconds it should send an email. In my current version, if the script encounters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meert
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retry upon FTP failure

I am using the following code in a C Shell script to transfer files to a remote server: ftp -n logxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx.com <<DO_FTP1 quote user $user_name quote pass $password ascii put $js_file_name bin put $FinalZipFile quit DO_FTP1 This code works great except on those rare occasions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phudgens
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Retry and Exit

ok, so I'm trying to add a function to my local script that runs a command on a remote host. The reason why this is needed is that, there are other scripts that run different commands on the same remote host. so the problem is that many times there are multiple scripts being run on the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to manipulate the conditions between every retry in wget?

Hi , When i hit the URL using WGET command ,it is retrying according to the number of retry we mentioned along with Wget command. my expectation : 1) If 1st try is failed and iam retrying again before 2nd retry i have to check for "xxxxxxx" entry in the log file. 2) If "XXXXXXX" entry is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget retry on 500 internal error

Hello Guys, I am trying to generate static site, I have perl script that wget the url, so the problem is sometimes wget has 500 internal error, this is failing to get that page. So I am thinking of retrying that url with 500 response. system $command = 'wget ... -i inputfile -o outfile" Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neal
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecovered read error No retry

We encountered these error 2 times(e.g. Solaris 10 with NetWorker installed) with in the month of August, but we couldn't pin point the root cause, it might be bad sector, bad cable or software incompatibility? Do you experience these issue or please share your understanding about this? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B@S
0 Replies
Sys::Virt::Event(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Sys::Virt::Event(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Virt::Event - An event loop contract DESCRIPTION
The "Sys::Virt::Event" module represents the contract for integrating libvirt with an event loop. This package is abstract and intended to be subclassed to provide an actual implementation. METHODS
register_default() Register the default libvirt event loop implementation run_default() Run a single iteration of the default event loop implementation register($impl) Register an event loop implementation. The implementation should be a instance of a sub-class of the "Sys::Virt::Event" package. $self->_run_handle_callback($watch, $fd, $events, $cb, $opaque) A helper method for executing a callback in response to one of more $events on the file handle $fd. The $watch number is the unique idenifier associated with the file descriptor. The $cb and $opaque parameters are the callback and data registered for the handle. $self->_run_timeout_callback($timer, $cb, $opaque) A helper method for executing a callback in response to the expiry of a timeout identified by $timer. The $cb and $opaque parameters are the callback and data registered for the timeout. $self->_free_callback_opaque($ff, $opaque) A helper method for freeing the data associated with a callback. The $ff and $opaque parameters are the callback and data registered for the handle/timeout. my $watch = Sys::Virt::Event::add_handle($fd, $events, $coderef) Adds a watch on the file descriptor $fd for the events $events which is a mask of the FILE HANDLE EVENTS constants listed later. The $coderef parameter is a subroutine to invoke when an event is triggered. The subroutine will be passed three parameters, the watch identifier, the file descriptor and the event mask. This method returns the watch identifier which can be used to update or remove the watch Sys::Virt::Event::update_handle($watch, $events) Update the event mask for the file descriptor watch $watch to use the events $events. Sys::Virt::Event::remove_handle($watch) Remove the event mask for the file descriptor watch $watch. my $watch = Sys::Virt::Event::add_timeout($frequency, $coderef) Adds a timeout to trigger with $frequency milliseconds interval. The $coderef parameter is a subroutine to invoke when an event is triggered. The subroutine will be passed one parameter, the timer identifier. This method returns the watch identifier which can be used to update or remove the watch Sys::Virt::Event::update_timeout($timer, $frequency) Update the timeout $timer to have the frequency $frequency milliseconds. Sys::Virt::Event::remove_timeout($timer) Remove the timeout $timer CONSTANTS
FILE HANDLE EVENTS When integrating with an event loop the following constants define the file descriptor events Sys::Virt::Event::HANDLE_READABLE The file descriptor has data available for read without blocking Sys::Virt::Event::HANDLE_WRITABLE The file descriptor has ability to write data without blocking Sys::Virt::Event::HANDLE_ERROR An error occurred on the file descriptor Sys::Virt::Event::HANDLE_HANGUP The remote end of the file descriptor closed AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Red Hat Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Daniel P. Berrange LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (either version 2 of the License, or at your option any later version), or, the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Sys::Virt, "http://libvirt.org" perl v5.14.2 2012-05-21 Sys::Virt::Event(3pm)