Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] Output on one line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Output on one line Post 302844435 by Junes on Monday 19th of August 2013 08:48:49 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Thanks that has worked.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Read a .gz file line by line without using gzcat

Hi all Is there a way to read and process a gzip file line by line similar to a text file without using gzcat.. while processing a text file we will usually use the logic exec<sample.txt while read line do echo $line done Is there a similar way to process the gz file in the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikhaman
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] making each word of a line to a separate line

Hi, I have a line which has n number of words with separated by space. I wanted to make each word as a separate line. for example, i have a file that has line like i am a good boy i want the output like, i am a good (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] awk output into a file

Hello board members.. here i am and here is my question. OS HP-UX awk i have a file where the FS is the pipe (|). So i choose the second field and i would like to do the following: If this filed is 0 then, i need the line in file1.txt Else write the line in file2.txt cat testfile.txt |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiko
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find and append line to output

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script but not getting desired output. What i am trying to do. 1.I want to use find command command and then use it xargs/exec to append the find output.But i am not getting desired output here is what i am trying to do #find init*.ora -exec `echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
4 Replies

6. Programming

[SOLVED] C++ print next line until line.empty

Hi, could you please help with the following: I have an input file like: one two three four five six I want to print the lines starting from 'three' to the empty line. Something like that: if ( line == "three" ) { while ( !line.empty() ) { cout <<... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to separate one line to mutiple line based on certain number of characters?

hi Gurus, I need separate a file which is one huge line to multiple lines based on certain number of charactors. for example: abcdefghi high abaddffdd I want to separate the line to multiple lines for every 4 charactors. the result should be abcd efgh i hi gh a badd ffdd Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Want to remove output from a command

Hi, I'm on AIX 5.2. I wrote a script that makes a traceroute to a host. The script works fine but each time it using the traceroute command its generate the 2 output lines. this is the command in my script traceroute -n -m 5 -w 2 $Host | grep 172 | awk '{print $2}' | tail -1 traceroute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] Weird 'ls -l' output

Hello folks, I've found an HP-UX server with a rare 'ls -l' output. Please see the attached file. Anybody knows how can I change the output to not have this extra tabulations? Thanks in advance! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
rwbytype.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						    rwbytype.d(1m)

NAME
rwbytype.d - read/write bytes by vnode type. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
rwbytype.d DESCRIPTION
This program identifies the vnode type of read/write activity - whether that is for regular files, sockets, character special devices, etc. This is measuring at the application level, so file activity may well be cached by the system. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # rwbytype.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name VNODE vnode type (describes I/O type) DIR direction, Read or Write BYTES total bytes DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
rwbytype.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
rwbypid.d(1M), rwbbypid.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jan 11, 2006 rwbytype.d(1m)