Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Sata sil_3132 on pci express is not getting detected in Linux on powerpc Post 302844417 by shubha_1 on Monday 19th of August 2013 07:59:30 AM
Old 08-19-2013
Sata sil_3132 on pci express is not getting detected in Linux on powerpc

Hi,

I am using Aitech sata device sil3132, on powerpc mpc8641. The device is pci express msi compatible. I had enabled msi in device tree for powerpc but still its giving me Cannot translate IRQ index 0 and so on messages.
Code:
fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 0
[    0.692361] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 1
[    0.699957] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 2
[    0.707595] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 3
[    0.715233] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 4
[    0.722871] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 5
[    0.730510] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 6
[    0.738148] fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 7

but when i do lspci i can see the vendor and device id.
Please let me know where to look in for this issue.

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-19-2013 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux o.s on two sata's.

Hi, I have two sata hard-disks. Out of those, one is having RHEL5 operating system, and other is having fedora7 operating system. When I connect the disk with RHEL5 operating system to sata0 port and disk with fedora7 operating system to sata1 port. While booting it shows RHEL5 boot screen,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor I have a sata 1TB Deskstar that I had setup before and during shipment from a facilty to another, the disk failed. The handling was not great, lots of throwing boxes, etc. I have a new disk from Hitachi (thankyou Hitachi) anyway, I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

3. SCO

PCI Express 1x HBA for parallel SCSI in Openserver 6

I'm floundering here trying to locate a PCI-E 1x HBA that will support an external tape drive in SCO Openserver 6. I was unable to find anything that would work in the compatible hardware list and a call to Adaptec confirmed that PCI-X would've been a better option for the risers in the Dell 2950... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_mal
1 Replies

4. Solaris

PCI express error :confused:

why is this error message keeps coming once every month. Is this a serious problem? In the /var/adm/messages file Nov 26 06:10:42 ids-ldap07 px: WARNING: PCI Express error report: Nov 26 06:10:42 ids-ldap07 device_path = /pci@1e,600000/pci@0/pci@8, msg_code = 0x30, req_id = 0x340, Nov 26... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
7 Replies

5. Linux

Live CD (Linux) for Max OS X PowerPC (PPC) ?

Can anyone recommend a good, supported linux live boot CD for a Mac PPC? I found some on the net, but the ones I found seemed old and unsupported. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Connect SATA Laptop HardDrive to Desktop SATA Slots

Hello everybody, I need to connect a laptop 2.5 SATA hard drive to a Desktop board (which uses 3.5' SATA hard drives). I've tried the connectors and they fit excellent in the 2.5 SATA connectors. The problem is that the laptop hard drive uses 5v and the PC's power source sends 12v. So, my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

7. AIX

NPIV with 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapter

All I am at a loss with a VIO server running ios 2.2.0.10-FP-24 SP-01. The VIO server is fitted with two 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapters. However when I run the lsnports command only two of the adapter ports show as capable: $ lsnports name physloc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Question on SATA 300 vs SATA 600

I have an upgrade path in mind for a new computer that will be stocked with a 2TB SATA 300 hard disk. This is a choice based on information that SATA 300 is not necessarily faster than SATA 600. The upgrade path in a year time or so would then involve the purchase of an SSD that would contain the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected

From the nessus scanner tool report i got below vulnerability PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected http://www.tenable.com/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=56208 As per the description given in above link - I am not able to understand How to find insecure port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies
SIIS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   SIIS(4)

NAME
siis -- SiliconImage Serial ATA Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device siis Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): siis_load="YES" The following tunables are settable from the loader(8): hint.siis.X.msi controls Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI) usage by the specified controller. hint.siisch.X.pm_level controls SATA interface Power Management for the specified channel, allowing some power to be saved at the cost of additional command latency. Possible values: 0 interface Power Management is disabled (default); 1 device is allowed to initiate PM state change, host is passive. Note that interface Power Management is not compatible with device presence detection. A manual bus reset is needed on device hot-plug. hint.siisch.X.sata_rev setting to nonzero value limits maximum SATA revision (speed). Values 1, 2 and 3 are respectively 1.5, 3 and 6Gbps. DESCRIPTION
This driver provides the CAM(4) subsystem with native access to the SATA ports of controller. Each SATA port is represented to CAM as a sep- arate bus with 16 targets. Most of the bus-management details are handled by the SATA-specific transport of CAM. Connected ATA disks are handled by the ATA protocol disk peripheral driver ada(4). ATAPI devices are handled by the SCSI protocol peripheral drivers cd(4), da(4), sa(4), etc. Driver features include support for Serial ATA and ATAPI devices, Port Multipliers (including FIS-based switching), hardware command queues (31 command per port), Native Command Queuing, SATA interface Power Management, device hot-plug and Message Signaled Interrupts. Same hardware is also supported by the atasiliconimage driver from ata(4) subsystem. If both drivers are loaded at the same time, this one will be given precedence as the more functional of the two. HARDWARE
The siis driver supports the following controllers: o SiI3124 o SiI3132 o SiI3531 SEE ALSO
ada(4), ata(4), cam(4), cd(4), da(4), sa(4) HISTORY
The siis driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 18, 2009 BSD