Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cycle for with for-then-else
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cycle for with for-then-else Post 302844369 by elilmal on Monday 19th of August 2013 05:06:49 AM
Old 08-19-2013
For me this is the best:

Code:
data=$(symcfg list -v |grep "Symmetrix Data Encryption"|head -n 1|awk '{print $5}' )

# grep some value and if some line include also Enable then okay.
case "$data" in
        *Enable* ) echo "ok" ;;
        *) echo "This is not ok" > /tmp/mailmessage2
        mutt -s "SCRIPT TEST" my.address@domain < /tmp/mailmessage2 ;;
esac

Thanks, for this help Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell cycle

Hello I got a cycle in the script which open another scripts. if then action fi Scripts action will be running 2 times at the same time. Inside of action() is insert into the table. But what I want is that only first script can do insert into table. So how to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mape
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

For cycle

Hello, I have files in a dir. I what to create a FOR cycle that will do this FOR <condition> do file=`ls <directory> | tail -1` echo $file mv -f $file <another dir> done What I want to now is what should I put in the <condition>. The condition I want is that the FOR will execute... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard in a if cycle

hello everybody, I need help on putting a wildcard match inside an if condition (I'm using korn shell): if ] then echo ' ' echo ''$MYSEL' is not a correct option' echo ' ' else ..... i tried also #if -ne "``" and a lot of combinations of `"' but I didn't find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elionba82
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for cycle

Hello, I have a question: is there a way to have a "for" cycle done a certain number of times. For example in c++ I can do this: for (i=o;i<10;i++) and the cycle will be repeated 10 times. in UNIX for example I do this: for i in `cat /etc/host` do done and the cycle will be repeated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for cycle question

i have a question how to modify below script to generate the expect result below : test.sh #!/bin/bash for ((i=0; i < 25; i++)) do echo $1$i done current result: test.sh 20090101 200901010 200901011 200901012 200901013 200901014 200901015 200901016 200901017 200901018 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleach8578
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem in a for cycle

Hi, i have a problem with a sed command runned in a for cycle... I have a file named fileX which contains (i have crippled the line to minimal for easy): load data dbfoo - TOCHANGE - comment load data dbboo - TOCHANGE - comment load data dbzoo - TOCHANGE - comment ... And a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlamax
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For cycle, process order

Hello, I am running a script under ubuntu 16.04 I have no problem with the script. My question is general algorithm of for file command. I just need to know how for file in *.txt process works. Let's say, I wish to run the script by sorting filename: for file in *.txt do "do something in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)