Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Load debian using grub
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Load debian using grub Post 302844264 by fpmurphy on Sunday 18th of August 2013 03:28:16 AM
Old 08-18-2013
Is this tarball of the root filesystem?

You cannot just tarball a root filesystem onto a newly formatted disk and expect it to work. You first have to setup the disk to leave first cylinder free for the GRUB legacy bootloader. You also have to allow for a suitable swap partition.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grub problem- keeps rebooting as soon as it tries to do grub

Hi, I installed solaris 10 a few weeks ago. It was working fine during the past two weeks. However, now when I start to load to the drive, I get this problem: The BIOS screen comes up like normal, then screen goes blank and a message "Grub loading stage 2" flashes real quick then the computer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

3. Solaris

GRUB does not load Ms Winows loader

Hi to everyone ;) Yesterday I had to reinstall my dual boot because my bank smart card reader does not work with Solaris so I reinstalled Solaris after I installed Windows 7. When I turn on PC I get grub stage 2 and Solaris has made an entry in menu.lst but does not boot windows . Each OS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Can we specify which grub.conf to use in grub-install.

Hi, Can we specify which grub.conf to use while installing grub on RHEL. We are working on application which requires different grub configurations needed, depending on certain criteria we need to update grub with correct grub.conf. Can we use grub-install for this purpose? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load

Hi, could someone give me an example for a debian server script? I need to check a process if the process has a high cpu load (top). If yes the whole server needs to reboot. Thats it, nothing more. ;) Hope someone could help me. Regards woisch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woisch
2 Replies

6. Linux

Debian Grub 1.99 alters BIOS (confirmed after formatting hard disk)

Hi, I am a long time Windows user and recently try this Debian Wheezy OS. Burn Debian ISO in Windows environment and then select DVD ROM drive to boot first in BIOS. The first installation of Debian (GNOME) was with multi-boot option that allows booting from hard disk and DVD drive. I then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmun
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing

Hello, on my hostserver i see one VPS of mine got load of 200.00 and netstat nothing (not a single blank line on netstat command) after some time, netstat started showing connections, but i see no excessive IP connections. tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log shows no activity /var/log/messages ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to recover x86 Solaris 10 u10 boot record/grub menu overwritten by Debian 9?

I installed x86 Solaris 10 update 10 after Windows XP, later I removed xp and installed Debian 9 stretch on the same partition but, Debian couldn't find any other os so it deleted Solaris 10 grub or did something like that I couldn't got. I thought I would be able to recover the lost record by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies
diff2patches(1) 														   diff2patches(1)

NAME
diff2patches - Extract non-debian/ patches from .diff.gz files SYNTAX
diff2patches filename diff2patches --help|--version DESCRIPTION
Extracts patches from .diff.gz which apply to files outside the "debian/" directory scope. A patch is created for each modified file. Each patch is named according to the path of the modified file, with "/" replaced by "___", and an extension of ".patch". OPTIONS
filename Extract patches from filename which apply outside the "debian/" directory. --help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. FILES
debian/control Existence of this file is tested before any patch is extracted. debian/ debian/patches/ Patches are extracted to one of these directories. "debian/patches/" is preferred, if it exists. If DEB_PATCHES is present in the environment, it will override this behavior (see "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" section below). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEB_PATCHES When defined and points to an existing directory, patches are extracted in that directory and not under "debian/" nor "debian/patches/". SEE ALSO
combinediff(1) AUTHOR
Raphael Geissert <atomo64@gmail.com> Raphael Geissert <;atomo64@gmail.com> diff2patches(1)