Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk getline 8 times and if $3 = 8 when subtracted from 1st line,print Post 302844235 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 17th of August 2013 01:50:52 PM
Old 08-17-2013
Nice solution RudiC !

I think it would be better to separate the fields in the index to avoid overflow between ranges.
I made an adaptation to your solution so that the CIDR prefix becomes variable:
Code:
awk -F. -v cp=21 'BEGIN{s=2^(24-cp)}{r=$1 FS $2 FS $3-$3%s FS $4} ++C[r]==s{print r}' file

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-17-2013 at 03:06 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print a character many times

How can I print a '-' on the same line within awk, say 50 times, without actually typing '-' 50 times? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print any required line by its line no using awk and its NR variable

how to print any required line by its line no using awk and its NR variable for eg: ------------ 121343 adfdafd 21213sds dafadfe432 adf.adf%adf --------------- requied o/p if give num=3 it print: 21213sds -------------------------------------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print the next line on the current line

Ok I have a file with hundreds of lines, four columns, space delimited, TESTB.TXT for example TESTB.TXT --- AA ZZ 12 34 BB YY 56 78 CC XX 91 23 DD VV 45 67 --- I want a new file that has 7 columns, the first four are identical, and the next 3 are the last three of the next line...so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print header as text from separate file with getline

I would like to print the output beginning with a header from a seperate file like this: awk 'BEGIN{FS="_";print ((getline < "header.txt")>0)} { if (! ($0 ~ /EL/ ) print }" input.txtWhat am i doing wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GetLine fn always giving last line of the file

Hi, Its bit urget for me to complete. pls help me. I am parsing 2 file 1. INDATA(Data file) 2. GRPFIL(Reference) every record in INDATA should be verified with GRP_DATA. I am seeing the output from only the last line of ref file, its not searching all the lines. INDATA sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyperion.krish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print whole line if the 1st field contains...

i want to print lines in a file that the 1st field of each line has a Date shape such: yy/mm/dd or on the other hand contains slash "/" . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oreka18
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script -print line when $2 > $2 of previous line

Hi all, From a while loop I am reading a sorted file where I want to print only the lines that have $1 match and $2 only when the difference from $2 from the previous line is > 30. Input would be like ... AN237 010 193019 0502 1 CSU Amoxycillin AN237 080 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gafoleyo73
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a particular character n number of times in a line??

hi, Is it possible to print a particular character n number of times in a line? for example. i am print the following line using echo command.. echo "files successfully moved" i want to count the number of characters that are been displayed. i am doin it using echo "files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print the line that matches and the next if line is wrapped

I have a file and when I match the word "initiators" in the first column I need to be able to print the rest of the columns in that row. This is fine for the most part but on occasion the "initiators" line gets wrapped to the next line. Here is a sample of the file. caw-enabled ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk file subtracted by a fix value - conditioned

Hi all... i have been trying to make this work but I have been failing for 6 hours .. I know it should be something simple that I am missing to it would be great if you can help me ... I want to subtract a fixed value (lets set 1) from any value >=1 from the whole file my file looks like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)