Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding processes on another system that have a file open Post 302844234 by RudiC on Saturday 17th of August 2013 01:50:52 PM
Old 08-17-2013
Why do you suspect a process holding a file open when your list is empty?

If there are open files, there must be process(es) on the local side holding the files open; it might be children (or so) of the NFS daemon. Did you check the NFS log files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to obtain system open file table value in Linux

Hello , I want to get current system open file table value. Can any one help. Thanking you, mahesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh.
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding unix file system

Hi, I have here a hard drive from a computer that was damaged, and now the costumer needs the data on the hard drive, but doesn't have any other computer to read data. I don't really know what file system is on the disk. How can I find out what file system is on the disk so I can read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmarques
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out which file system a machine has

Hi, when I run sfdisk -l get: Disk /dev/sda: 19452 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors/track Units = cylinders of 8225280 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0 Device Boot Start End #cyls #blocks Id System /dev/sda1 * 0+ 12 13- 104391 83 Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Finding most busy file system

Hi Experts, I was asked to find most busy file system on one of the server. It is Sun 10. Any idea to get this? Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX: Finding processes attached to shared memory

Is there some way to tell what processes are attached to a shared memory segment? We have a system on which I perform "icps -ma" and there are several segments pending deletion having numerous processes attached to them and I can't tell what processes they are. Neither the creator's pid nor last... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discrepancy in finding the top memory consuming processes

When I run 'top' command,I see the following Memory: 32G real, 12G free, 96G swap free Though it shows as 12G free,I am not able to account for processes that consume the rest 20G. In my understanding some process should be consuming atleast 15-16 G but I am not able to find them. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question about finding the PID of long-running processes

The end result that I'd like is to terminate any process on my ps -u username list that extends beyond 20 minutes. I know for a fact that this process will be named l.exe, but I don't know the number in between and I won't know the PID. Is there a way to use grep or pidof to do this task every 20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bolanok
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the most memory consuming processes in Linux

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.4 To find the most memory consuming processes, I tried the following 2 methods 1. Method1 # ps aux | head -1 ; ps aux | sort -nk +4 | tail -7 USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND root 95 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
unshare_nfs(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   unshare_nfs(1M)

NAME
unshare_nfs - make local NFS file systems unavailable for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
unshare [-F nfs] pathname DESCRIPTION
The unshare command makes local file systems unavailable for mounting by remote systems. The shared file system must correspond to a line with NFS as the FSType in the file /etc/dfs/sharetab. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -F This option may be omitted if NFS is the first file system type listed in the file /etc/dfs/fstypes. FILES
/etc/dfs/fstypes /etc/dfs/sharetab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nfsd(1M), share(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
If the file system being unshared is a symbolic link to a valid pathname, the canonical path (the path which the symbolic link follows) will be unshared. For example, if /export/foo is a symbolic link to /export/bar (/export/foo -> /export/bar), the following unshare command will result in /export/bar as the unshared pathname (and not /export/foo): example# unshare -F nfs /export/foo For file systems that are accessed by NFS Version 4 clients, once the unshare is complete, all NFS Version 4 state (open files and file locks) are released and unrecoverable by the clients. If the intent is to share the file system after some administrative action, the NFS daemon (nfsd) should first be stopped and then the file system unshared. After the administrative action is complete, the file system would then be shared and the NFS daemon restarted. See nfsd(1M) SunOS 5.11 6 May 2003 unshare_nfs(1M)