Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ftp get files created in last 30 minutes Post 302844106 by gacanepa on Friday 16th of August 2013 12:05:59 PM
Old 08-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefa
Thanks gacanepa, this is ideal. for some reason it didn't like the print stat ('$list') so I I copied $list into a file and referenced the file instead of variable and it worked strangelySmilie
Can you please copy here the output?

And please run this command in your CLI, replacing $list with whatever local file you want:
Code:
perl -MFile::stat -e "print stat('$list')->mtime"

It should look like this:
Code:
perl -MFile::stat -e "print stat('yourfile')->mtime"

And also copy the result of that command.

Last edited by gacanepa; 08-16-2013 at 01:14 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP all newly created but the current open file?

An application running on HP-UX constantly generates new text log files ( I think using logpipe ). Any new file created requires to be ftp'ed to an offline server, however I want to make sure that the current file being written should not be transferred. For examples consider the following files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes

Hi Can some one please help me How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes I have used the command find . -mmin -5 and it does not work i get an error -mmin is bad option Please help Much regards Tarun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarundeepdhawan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files created within 30 minutes

find . -name *.txt -mmin -30 This is working in Redhat but not in Solaris.. What is the equivalent option in Solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tene
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp - How to download files which created today?

Hello experts, I have written following script to download files which created today. Unfortunately, it's not working. test.ksh: #Defining variables USR='xxx' PASSWD='yyyy' HT='test.test.com' FILE='S*.pdf' XFILE=$(echo find . -type f -mtime 0) ZFILE=$(echo ls -tR|grep 'Jun 8')... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete ftp accounts created in cpanel

i want to delete the extra ftp accounts that are created in cpanel e.g., when you go to cpanel->ftp accounts, any that are not there by default how can i do this via commandline? i am looping through the users on the server where is this info stored? also - how can the password of an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with get/mget from FTP server with files older than 10 minutes

Hi! I am new to unix and this forum as well.. Can someone please help me : I want to "get/mget" files which are older than 10 minutes from a remote FTP server like "ftp.com". After getting the files to local unix server say "Prod.com" , i need to delete only those files from ftp.com which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check how many minutes ago the last file created

Hi , I need help in getting how many minutes ago the last file, matching some pattern in file name, was created in a folder. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in UNIX through email which is created only 15 minutes before the current time?

I wanted to send an email to the client whenever there is failed record created in a /feed/HR-76/failed folder after processing of feed file. I can find out with the help of below script that what is the new file created but that file didn't make just 15 minutes before. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

rsync a file as it gets created and after 3 minutes old

- run a backup job - The jobs creates partial files one after the other, about 2 minutes interval. What i want to do is that while the job is still running or while a file was last modified or created 3 minutes ago, the file should be rsync to a remote server untill the last file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
4 Replies
ftpshut(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ftpshut(1M)

NAME
ftpshut - close down the FTP Servers at a given time SYNOPSIS
ftpshut [-V] [-v] [-l min] [-d min] time [warning-message...] DESCRIPTION
The ftpshut command provides an automated shutdown procedure that the superuser can use to notify FTP users when the FTP Server is shutting down. Ten minutes before shutdown, or immediately if the value of time is less than ten minutes, any new FTP Server connections will be disabled. You may adjust the shutdown of new FTP Server connections by means of the -l option. Five minutes before shutdown, or immediately if the value of time is less than five minutes, all current FTP connections will be discon- nected. You may adjust the shutdown of current FTP connections by means of the -d option. The ftpshut command creates shutdown message files that the FTP Server uses to determine when to shutdown. Separate shutdown message files are created in the anonymous and virtual host FTP Server areas, in addition to the system wide shutdown message file. Once the shutdown occurs, the server continues to refuse connections until the appropriate shutdown message file is removed. This normally is done by using the ftprestart(1M) command. The location of the shutdown message file is specified by the shutdown capability in the ftpaccess file. The following magic cookies are available: %s The time system is going to shut down. %r The time new connections will be denied. %d The time current connections will be dropped. %C The current working directory. %E The maintainer's email address as defined in the ftpaccess file. %F The free space in the partition of CWD, in kilobytes. %L The local host name. %M The maximum allowed number of users in this class. %N The current number of users in this class. %R The remote host name. %T The local time (form Thu Nov 15 17:12:42 1990). %U The username given at login time. OPTIONS
The ftpshut command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. -d min The time ahead of shutdown, in minutes, that existing connections will be disconnected upon completion of their current or next (if idle) FTP request. -l min The time ahead of shutdown, in minutes, that new connections will be refused. -v Verbose. Output the pathname of the shutdown message files created. OPERANDS
The ftpshut command supports the following operands: time The time at which ftpshut will bring the FTP Servers down. time can have a value of now, which indicates an immedi- ate shutdown. Alternatively, time can specify a future time in one of two formats: +number or HHMM. The first form brings the FTP Server down in number minutes. The second brings the FTP Server down at the time of day indicated, using a 24-hour clock format. When using the absolute time format, you can only specify times between now and 23:59. warning-message The message to display that warns of the imminent shutdown. The warning-message will be formatted at 70 characters wide. ftpshut knows the actual string length of the magic cookies. If no warning-message is supplied, the default message "System shutdown at %s" is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftprestart(1M), shutdown(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpshut(1M)