Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat Server hardware investment Post 302843994 by ezegiel1984 on Friday 16th of August 2013 04:24:19 AM
Old 08-16-2013
Redhat Server hardware investment

If i want to build. Red Hat Enterprice server.
And run top of that windows domain virtualization or maybe couple of them top one one Red Hat server hadware.
If you had like 2500€ budjet what would you buy?.
Or obtionally install red hat and virtualisation on one machine and one windows domain under it. And afterward buy another server and cluster those.

This is my hoppy project i haven't plan anything. prize range and everthing is still open..

Only wanted to hear good harware ideas and checking what prize range this project goe's to.

Wanted good harware easy to updage on afterwards. More ram more Harddrives and stuff like that.

Im not really that intrested on hardware part. Only on tech
I know something about windows servers and Windows enviroments but nothing on linux.
And i would preciate help for picking good hardware list on this project.
Can some one who knows about red hat and virtualization help me to get started. i would really preciate that.

If some one send me list of good item's on linux. And what would you buy? i would be so happy..

Im plannin to run virtualization with it. Some sort of databace maybe no big though. This is only my hoppy project
i only wanted to simulate this on real server hardware. Raids and stuff
There will be no population or datahammerin 100tb on hardrives.
Those specs. Only need to see that evething is working.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun server hardware questions

I have no experience with sun servers but for fun and experience I would like to buy a low-end server and play with things. I have a few questions that maybe some of you who use these things will be able to answer: - I believe they are also called PCI slots in the sun server, but are they the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Hardware error in Netra 440 server

Dear All I am getting these error while I boot the Netra 440 server. Could anyone tell me what can be the problem Regards Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.4 (indcc01ma02) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
6 Replies

4. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows server hardware monitoring

:wall:hi all, as hp support pack has hpasm, hpacu command using in linux server to show and monitor hareware status. hpacu command was avaialbe in windows server also, but where can find hpasm command in windows, it looks hp support pack not support hpasm in windows. any one can help? an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable all operations to use a proxy server , redhat server

Hi, i would like to enable all operations/connections to use a proxy server in a redhat server , witch file should i config to get this for all conections .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10? I would like to see the following details: 1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc. 2. Slots Present in the chassis 3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baddy
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Remote managemnt - looking at hardware issue (using ALOM ) Server rebooting

Hi we have A sun4v SPARC Enterprise T2000 It has started to go down frequently without producing any corefiles. There is nothing in the logs to induicate any issues. So I'm trying to remotely check this and get to see if there are any hardware issue. I heard about ALOm and I think this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
4 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - Check for and execute queued actions on RHN. SYNOPSIS
rhn_check [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" and receives queued actions for this particular system. After receiving the actions, rhn_check will then process them, and return the results to Spacewalk. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN_CHECK(8)