Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding Data in the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding Data in the file Post 302843883 by Jotne on Thursday 15th of August 2013 01:19:41 PM
Old 08-15-2013
!($NF~today)
can be change to
$NF!~today
For me, its more easy to test if a field is not something,
compare to test if its equal to something then invert it.
Just a personal opinion Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding duplicate data in a file

A pogram named LOGGEDON returns an output of: Ref_num IP Address Logged on User 12000 10.10.12.12 12-02-2002 11:00 john 12004 10.10.12.13 12-03-2002 14:00 mary 12012 10.10.12.14 12-03-2002 11:30 bob 12024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinplant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding data in a file

Hello, I am new to shell programming, and Unix development overall. I have a following text file with the following contents: .. Sunny Monday: x Tuesday: x Wednesday: x Thursday: x Friday: x Cloudy Monday: x Tuesday: x Wednesday: x ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding null records in data file

I am having a "|" delimited flat file and I have to pick up all the records with the 2nd field having null value. Please suggest. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Overlap between two sets of data

Hi everyone, I posted this earlier, but the idea changed since then and I figured it would make more sense if I repost with a clearer idea in hopes someone can help me out. I have two lists of data in file1 and file 2 file1 (tab separated - column1 column2 column 3) 1 91625106 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labrazil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Minimum value per Row range of data

Here is an example of a file I am working with: C 4704 CB 1318 ASP 115 BGRF 1 weak 0.0% 4.33 C 4720 OD 1322 ASP 115 BGRF 1 weak 0.0% 3.71 O 4723 OD 1322 ASP 115 BGRF 1 weak 0.0% 3.48 O 4723 CG 1321 ASP 115 BGRF 1 weak 0.0% 4.34... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing chunks of text and finding data

Hi, I need a script that parses and greps data out of a textfile. I have a text file that has this structure: File1 host1.localdomain text random text Found errors this text is random (41123) --- random random at.5165 ---- random random at.5165 ---- random random at.5165 ----... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

finding these, whether previous data stored ?

Hi All, On HP Unix, 11.23 can following be checked , Processes which were consuming more 1)CPU 2)Memory 3)page faults For particular Time Frame say Yesterday 7 Am to 7.30 Am and , Yesterday Evening 19.00 Pm to 19.30 Pm Please specify how. whether we need to enable, some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding standard deviation for all columns in a data file

Hi All, I want someone to modify the below script from this forum so that it can be used for all columns in the file( instead of only printing column 3 mean and standard deviation values). I don't know how to loop around all the columns. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding data in large no. of files

I need to find some data in a large no. of files. The data is in the following format : VALUE A VALUE B VALUE C VALUE D 10 4 65 1 12 4.5 65.5 2 10.75 5.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooker97
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding data value that contains x% of points

Hi, I need help on finding the value of my data that encompasses certain percentage of my total data points (n). Attached is an example of my data, n=30. What I want to do is for instance is find the minimum threshold that still encompasses 60% (n=18), 70% (n=21) and 80% (n=24). manually to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)