Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cut & Fetch word from string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut & Fetch word from string Post 302843865 by ahamed101 on Thursday 15th of August 2013 11:43:23 AM
Old 08-15-2013
Show some effort!

Try this and try to understand the code.
Code:
awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i~/\$SCHM\./){gsub(/.*\.|;/,x,$i); printf $i" "}}printf "\n"}' infile

--ahamed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cmd sequence to find & cut out a specific string

A developer of mine has this requirement - I couldn't tell her quickly how to do it with UNIX commands or a quick script so she's writing a quick program to do it - but that got my curiousity up and thought I'd ask here for advice. In a text file, there are some records (about half of them)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to fetch first two characters from a word in perl

Hi All, I have a word "DE_PR_Package__Basic" , i need to check if the first two characters of this words is DE or something else using perl script. Can anyone pls let me know how to proceed? Thanks in advance. Giri! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk fetch numbers after the word

Hi, I would want to fetch all the numbers after a word the number of characters could very. how can I do that? below is the example of the data and the expected output sample data 03 xxxx occurs 1090 times. 04 aslkja occurs 10 times. I would want to fetch 10 & 1090 separately. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace & sign to &amp word

Hi, I have text file abc.txt. In this file, I have the following data. Input: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith & Mrs Smith Mr Smith& Mrs Smith Mr Smith &Mrs Smith Output: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith&amp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

match sentence and word adn fetch similar words in alist

Hi all, I have ot match sentence list and word list anf fetch similar words in a separate file second file with 2 columns So I want the output shuld be 2 columns like this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the word or words and fetch the entries

Hi all, I have 7 words Now I have 1 file which contain data in large number of rows and columns and 6th column contain any of these words or may be more than one words among above 7 words: I want script should search for the above mentioned 7 words in the 6th column ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch entries in front of specific word till next word

Hi all I have following file which I have to edit for research purpose file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: &quot;Liberation Sans&quot;; font-size: x-small; } Drug: KRP-104 QD Drug: Placebo Drug: Metformin|Drug:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)