Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to have semicolon at the end of every line? Post 302843769 by reignangel2003 on Thursday 15th of August 2013 01:32:45 AM
Old 08-15-2013
How to have semicolon at the end of every line?

Hi,

I wanted to create an automated script that will output a create table statement in unix. Below is the input and the desired output:

INPUT:
Code:
desc ZZ_APL_TIDDATELIST
(
TID           NUMBER
AEX_DATE      TIMESTAMP(6)
)

desc ZZ_APL_TIDLIST
(
TID       NUMBER
)

desc ZZ_APL_TIDTYPELIST
(
TID          NUMBER
INSTYPE      VARCHAR2(3)
)

desc ZZ_CAM_AEORDER
(
ORDER_ID      NUMBER
)

desc ZZ_CAM_AETID
(
TID                          NUMBER
INSTRUMENT_GROUP_ABBREV      CHAR(3)
INSTRUMENT_TYPE_ID           NUMBER
)

desc ZZ_OM_WRK_TABLE
(
TIME                DATE
PLACED              NUMBER
RUNNING_PLACED      NUMBER
FILLED              NUMBER
RUNNING_FILLED      NUMBER
)

OUTPUT:
Code:
desc ZZ_APL_TIDDATELIST
(
TID           NUMBER;
AEX_DATE      TIMESTAMP(6)
);

desc ZZ_APL_TIDLIST
(
TID       NUMBER
);

desc ZZ_APL_TIDTYPELIST
(
TID          NUMBER;
INSTYPE      VARCHAR2(3)
);

desc ZZ_CAM_AEORDER
(
ORDER_ID      NUMBER
);

desc ZZ_CAM_AETID
(
TID                          NUMBER;
INSTRUMENT_GROUP_ABBREV      CHAR(3);
INSTRUMENT_TYPE_ID           NUMBER
);

desc ZZ_OM_WRK_TABLE
(
TIME                DATE;
PLACED              NUMBER;
RUNNING_PLACED      NUMBER;
FILLED              NUMBER;
RUNNING_FILLED      NUMBER
);

Many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

put a semicolon at the end of each line of a file

hi, Consider there is a file containing 200 lines. please let me know which command is to be used to put a semicolon at the end of each line. if no single command is there then how it can be achieved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string after n semicolon every line

I have a file that is formatted in this way. a1;b2;c33;d4;e5;e;f;f;f;s d;ds;d;a;v;b;g;gr;r;rt;fdf s1;s2;s2;s3;s4; b1;f2;g3;h4;a3c4e;xcsd;fds; sd2;fs4;fs2;sdf3; I want to replace the value just before the 4th semicolon to empty string, regardless the value, such that it looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How move characters following a semicolon to a new line

Hello, I was wondering how I can move this: ABC;>12 BLA;>67 DEF;>22 into this ABC >12 BLA >67 DEF >22 thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blakers
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line

How would you do vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line. I know yy copies the whole line and p pastes the whole line, but on its own separate line. Sometimes I would like to copy a line to the beginning, middle, or end of another line. I would think this would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding semicolon at the end of each line

Hi, I have a script which I need to change. I want to add a semicolon at the end of each line where the line starts with "grant" for e.g. create table(.... ); grant select on TABL1 to USER1 grant select on TABL1 to USER2should become create table(.... ); grant select on TABL1 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting semicolon at the end of a line

HI Am totally confused with sed and translate command command.. My problem is I have a file like # vi test.csv ABC_IMUY ERD0_FN VEG_NON_DES_IYT BUY4_FLOW POI_SHD_URDF_IYUT_REDS_CYC UYT_PMC4_WIND EX_FRE_FRD_L2_REF_FLICT JHY_SGT_DSE_L2 IYO_HYTR_FGT_L3_BGT_ICT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies
NL(1)									FSF								     NL(1)

NAME
nl - number lines of files SYNOPSIS
nl [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write each FILE to standard output, with line numbers added. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -b, --body-numbering=STYLE use STYLE for numbering body lines -d, --section-delimiter=CC use CC for separating logical pages -f, --footer-numbering=STYLE use STYLE for numbering footer lines -h, --header-numbering=STYLE use STYLE for numbering header lines -i, --page-increment=NUMBER line number increment at each line -l, --join-blank-lines=NUMBER group of NUMBER empty lines counted as one -n, --number-format=FORMAT insert line numbers according to FORMAT -p, --no-renumber do not reset line numbers at logical pages -s, --number-separator=STRING add STRING after (possible) line number -v, --first-page=NUMBER first line number on each logical page -w, --number-width=NUMBER use NUMBER columns for line numbers --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit By default, selects -v1 -i1 -l1 -sTAB -w6 -nrn -hn -bt -fn. CC are two delimiter characters for separating logical pages, a missing second character implies :. Type \ for . STYLE is one of: a number all lines t number only nonempty lines n number no lines pREGEXP number only lines that contain a match for REGEXP FORMAT is one of: ln left justified, no leading zeros rn right justified, no leading zeros rz right justified, leading zeros AUTHOR
Written by Scott Bartram and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for nl is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and nl programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info nl should give you access to the complete manual. nl (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 NL(1)