Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file Post 302843724 by greet_sed on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 03:17:19 PM
Old 08-14-2013
Try like this:

Code:
while read a b c; do sed -e "s/$a/$c/g" R*; done < INP

Code:
If output looks good , use -i to edit the file directly ( can not undo ) .

cat INP:
value1 = url1
value2 = url2
value3 = url3

cat R1:
value1
value2
value3

value4
value2

cat R2:
value1
value2
value5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple input search and replace script

hi, i want to create a script that will search and replace the values inside a particular file. i have 5 files that i need to change some values inside and i don't want to use vi to edit these files. All the inputted values on the script below will be passed into the files. cho "" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + gsub to search multiple input values & replace with located string + extra text

Hi all. I have the following command that is successfully searching for any one of the strings on all lines of a file and replacing it with the instructed value. cat inputFile | awk '{gsub(/aaa|bbb|ccc|ddd/,"1234")}1' > outputFile This does in fact replace any occurrence of aaa, bbb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace content of files using gsub in awk

Hi,I have 2 files master.txt & reference.txt as shown below & i require o/p as mentioned in file 3 using awk but content is not replacing properlymaster.txt:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
15 Replies

10. Linux

Search a template file and replace with input

Hi I have a CommonTemplateStop.template file . Inside the file i need to replace the variables DepName and CompInsName with the values(Trade and TradeIns) specified in the script. I have written the below .sh script in linux server which will read the .template file and has to replace the 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
SLAPD.REPLOG(5) 						File Formats Manual						   SLAPD.REPLOG(5)

NAME
slapd.replog - slapd replication log format SYNOPSIS
slapd.replog slapd.replog.lock DESCRIPTION
The file slapd.replog is produced by the stand-alone LDAP daemon, slapd, when changes are made to its local database that are to be propa- gated to one or more replica slapds. The file consists of zero or more records, each one corresponding to a change, addition, or deletion from the slapd database. The file is meant to be read and processed by slurpd, the stand-alone LDAP update replication daemon. The records are separated by a blank line. Each record has the following format. The record begins with one or more lines indicating the replicas to which the change is to be propagated: replica: <hostname[:portnumber]> Next, the time the change took place given, as the number of seconds since 00:00:00 GMT, Jan. 1, 1970, with an optional decimal extension, in order to make times unique. Note that slapd does not make times unique, but slurpd makes all times unique in its copies of the replog files. time: <integer[.integer]> Next, the distinguished name of the entry being changed is given: dn: <distinguishedname> Next, the type of change being made is given: changetype: <[modify|add|delete|modrdn]> Finally, the change information itself is given, the format of which depends on what kind of change was specified above. For a changetype of modify, the format is one or more of the following: add: <attributetype> <attributetype>: <value1> <attributetype>: <value2> ... - Or, for a replace modification: replace: <attributetype> <attributetype>: <value1> <attributetype>: <value2> ... - Or, for a delete modification: delete: <attributetype> <attributetype>: <value1> <attributetype>: <value2> ... - If no attributetype lines are given, the entire attribute is to be deleted. For a changetype of add, the format is: <attributetype1>: <value1> <attributetype1>: <value2> ... <attributetypeN>: <value1> <attributetypeN>: <value2> For a changetype of modrdn, the format is: newrdn: <newrdn> deleteoldrdn: 0 | 1 where a value of 1 for deleteoldrdn means to delete the values forming the old rdn from the entry, and a value of 0 means to leave the val- ues as non-distinguished attributes in the entry. For a changetype of delete, no additional information is needed in the record. The format of the values is the LDAP Directory Interchange Format described in ldif(5). Access to the slapd.replog file is synchronized through the use of flock(3) on the file slapd.replog.lock. Any process reading or writing this file should obey this locking convention. EXAMPLE
The following sample slapd.replog file contains information on one of each type of change. replica: truelies.rs.itd.umich.edu replica: judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu time: 797612941 dn: cn=Babs Jensen, o=U of M, c=US changetype: add objectclass: person cn: babs cn: babs jensen sn: jensen replica: truelies.rs.itd.umich.edu replica: judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu time: 797612973 dn: cn=Babs Jensen, o=U of M, c=US changetype: modify add: description description: the fabulous babs replica: truelies.rs.itd.umich.edu replica: judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu time: 797613020 dn: cn=Babs Jensen, o=U of M, c=US changetype: modrdn newrdn: cn=Barbara J Jensen deleteoldrdn: 0 FILES
slapd.replog slapd.replog.lock SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldif(5), slapd(8), slurpd(8) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 20 August 2000 SLAPD.REPLOG(5)