Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file Post 302843708 by Shamkamde on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 01:50:10 PM
Old 08-14-2013
I dont know scripting, I tried through maven plugin, but it is not working.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cat environment.txt | while read src rep
do
 sed -i "s, $src), $rep),g" *.xml
done

Last edited by Scott; 08-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple input search and replace script

hi, i want to create a script that will search and replace the values inside a particular file. i have 5 files that i need to change some values inside and i don't want to use vi to edit these files. All the inputted values on the script below will be passed into the files. cho "" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + gsub to search multiple input values & replace with located string + extra text

Hi all. I have the following command that is successfully searching for any one of the strings on all lines of a file and replacing it with the instructed value. cat inputFile | awk '{gsub(/aaa|bbb|ccc|ddd/,"1234")}1' > outputFile This does in fact replace any occurrence of aaa, bbb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace content of files using gsub in awk

Hi,I have 2 files master.txt & reference.txt as shown below & i require o/p as mentioned in file 3 using awk but content is not replacing properlymaster.txt:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
15 Replies

10. Linux

Search a template file and replace with input

Hi I have a CommonTemplateStop.template file . Inside the file i need to replace the variables DepName and CompInsName with the values(Trade and TradeIns) specified in the script. I have written the below .sh script in linux server which will read the .template file and has to replace the 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
std::chrono::duration< _Rep, _Period >(3cxx)							      std::chrono::duration< _Rep, _Period >(3cxx)

NAME
std::chrono::duration< _Rep, _Period > - SYNOPSIS
Public Types typedef _Period period typedef _Rep rep Public Member Functions constexpr duration (const duration &) template<typename _Rep2 , typename = typename enable_if<is_convertible<_Rep2, rep>::value && (treat_as_floating_point<rep>::value || !treat_as_floating_point<_Rep2>::value)>::type> constexpr duration (const _Rep2 &__rep) template<typename _Rep2 , typename _Period2 , typename = typename enable_if<treat_as_floating_point<rep>::value || (ratio_divide<_Period2, period>::type::den == 1 && !treat_as_floating_point<_Rep2>::value)>::type> constexpr duration (const duration< _Rep2, _Period2 > &__d) constexpr rep count () const template<typename _Rep2 = rep> enable_if <!treat_as_floating_point < _Rep2 >::value, duration & > ::type operator%= (const rep &__rhs)" template<typename _Rep2 = rep> enable_if <!treat_as_floating_point < _Rep2 >::value, duration & > ::type operator%= (const duration &__d)" duration & operator*= (const rep &__rhs) constexpr duration operator+ () const duration & operator++ () duration operator++ (int) duration & operator+= (const duration &__d) constexpr duration operator- () const duration & operator-- () duration operator-- (int) duration & operator-= (const duration &__d) duration & operator/= (const rep &__rhs) duration & operator= (const duration &) static_assert (!__is_duration< _Rep >::value,'rep cannot be a duration') static_assert (__is_ratio< _Period >::value,'period must be a specialization of ratio') static_assert (_Period::num > 0,'period must be positive') Static Public Member Functions static constexpr duration max () static constexpr duration min () static constexpr duration zero () Detailed Description template<typename _Rep, typename _Period>struct std::chrono::duration< _Rep, _Period > duration Definition at line 221 of file chrono. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Nov 27 2012 std::chrono::duration< _Rep, _Period >(3cxx)