Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get lines having a variable in perl? Post 302843692 by twistedpair on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 12:48:05 PM
Old 08-14-2013
the vaule of $ra=000000000000096C

Now i want the first line of a file that is having the value 000000000000096C
for example:
Code:
I 000000000000096C 48000000  * 000000000000096C         b         *

Here is the new code i wrote
Code:
33: # printing the iop corresponding to real address
34: open (TST, '<psi.tst');
35: while ( $iop = <TST>)
36: {
37:   if($iop =~ /$ra/){
38:     last;
39:  }
40:  }
41:  print $iop;

ERROR iam getting is :
Code:
Use of uninitialized value in print at psi.pl line 41, <TST> line 51574.

Last edited by twistedpair; 08-15-2013 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: Removed IMG tag; added code tags

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #494
Difficulty: Easy
A block of code is a section of code that has been logically grouped together.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lines from file to variable

I have a text file that contains a word on each line. I want to be able to use each word as a variable to be put into a URL. I have been trying to put together a for loop but I am not having much luck. So basically all I am trying to do is for line in ~/desktop/test.txt do curl -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iCONAN
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple variable in a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh while loop into Perl while loop but the problem is that in this csh script, i have 2 variables inside a variable -> $count is a variable {SB$count} as a whole is another variable. Csh is able to assign values to such variable like the below but i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Insert lines before lines.

Hi, New problem, or challenge as they prefer in the US. I need to insert some lines in a file before certain other lines. To make it more clear: Original file: aaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd bbbbb fffff ggggg Now I want to insert the line "NEW_NEW_NEW" when I match "fffff", but I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable to only certain lines

Hi There! I'm trying to write a shell script which generates a random hexadecimal number and then appends it to the end of lines XX onwards of a certain file. XX is determined by a certain string on the previous line. Thus for example, if the input file is I search for the string... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how can we name a variable base on value of another variable

Hey all, perl - how can we name a variable base on the value of another variable? for example in ksh/bash we do : export c="100" export x`echo $c`=2000 echo $x100 x100=2000 is it possible to do something similar for perl? I already tried many ways but nothing is working. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cacm1975
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to break up a lines in a variable

I was trying to figure out a way to split along a CR in a variable. In the code below, the result for CPU returns CPU=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i 'model name' |awk -F ':' '{ print $2}'` for echo $CPU AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baggins2000
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - how to assign output of perl to variable

Hi, guys, i have a script i inherited from a coworker but i'm not perl savy. The script works but i would like it to work better. I want to run this command ./ciscomgrtest.pl -r "show version" -h hosts.router and have the script goto each router in the hosts.router file and run the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whipuras
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)

Featured Tech Videos