Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep the required part from the string? Post 302843600 by sharsour on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 04:06:51 AM
Old 08-14-2013
Yes Jotne, Its changing value for differnt domain, As of now I have only one domain but in higher environments , it will be multiple domains
I need value between domain and application which is the domain name. .i.e ELINKDEV

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in grep command

Hi all, I need some help in grep command in a ksh script. Actually, i need to list all files having the file name like "BORD*.DAT" but exclude the files (from the list) having name like "BORD*mgt*.DAT". For that i used the following command: ls | grep "BORD*.DAT" | grep -v "BORD*mgt*.DAT" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panzer
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep required pattern and next 2 or 3 lines

dear ones pl.kindly help me 1) how to print(grep) required pattern and following 2 or 3 lines. 2) grep required pattern(to print)+above 2 lines+below 2 or 3 lines.from a report file. ex: we have some report file kf askfjsk fksaj fk skf sjfksjd kff sjfkjs kf jskdjfklsd jfklsdf sdkfjsd fsd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep required data from two columns

hello, I have output from a command and I need to filter some info out of that. I tried awk command but I can not grep what I am looking for: Following is the output and I need to capture "disabled" for each volume from first column and report: # vol status Volume State ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Required For String Matching

I am new to shell scripting !!!!!!!!!!.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATE :- i want to write a script that will check the log for string: waiting for seconds for this I am using :- tail -10 log.20101004 | tail -1 and grep the "string" but when matching error is coming ,see script below:- i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

8. AIX

Grepping before and after lines for required string

Hi All, I am new to AIX unix . i need to grep for a pattern and if pattern is found then i need 3 before the pattern line found and 3 lines after the pattern found. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolvibh
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a part of file based on string identifiers

consider below file contents cat myOutputFIle.txt 8 CCM-HQE-ResourceHealthCheck: Resource List : No RED/UNKNOWN resource Health entries found ---------------------------------------------------------- 9 CCM-TraderLogin-Status: Number of logins: 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk : to grep only required pattern disk

Hi Experts, Need help with the following: Desired output: Only want to get the output marked in green. The file: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/disk/disk4704 PV Status available Total PE 6399 Free PE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)