Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris RPC bind service in maintenance mode Post 302843504 by Yakub Humami on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 02:25:55 PM
Old 08-13-2013
RPC bind service in maintenance mode

Hi,

I have an issue with RPC bind service and its failing with status 1. any help would be much appreciated.

THanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rpc bind issue

Hi all, I am using Solaris 10 OS on X86 platform. Long back i tried to configure DHCP server on my system but because of rpc-bind, total went in vein.Even now i am unable to access even USB also. When i tried to look for "volfs" service it was offline because one of its dependant... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
0 Replies

2. Solaris

rpc bind not working

Hi all, Was hoping someone could shed some light on my problem, rpc bind is in maintenance mode on Solaris 10 and won't fire up. contents of the error log are: rpcbind failed with 1. bash-3.00# Because rpc-bind isn't working, it's stopping nfs and autofs from working too ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Process in maintenance mode, why?

Hi, I have installed Hudson on a Solaris 11 server, using the installation instructions available at Paul Oswald: Hudson Solaris SMF Manifest. When I perform svcs -l hudson, I get: fmri svc:/application/hudson:default name Hudson Continuous Build Server enabled true... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Samba service in maintenance mode ???

I have a Solaris 10 SunFire v880 machine and I'm having trouble with Samba. Samba has worked on this machine but since the machine has been re-booted Samba has not worked. Machine details are: cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC Copyright 2008... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Helpme !! ssh service in maintenance mode

Hi Guys, Virtual Machine - Solaris 10 ssh service is in maintenance mode, when i tried to disable it it got disabled but when i enabling it ( svcadm enable ssh) it is coming in maintenance mode...... Pls help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable RPC Bind

I would like to disable RPC bind permanently since I am not going to use rpc bind to network to any other machines. How do I do this so I can stop getting all these error messages? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

7. Solaris

rpc/bind maintanance error

My code Hi Folks, I am getting maintanance error for rpc/bind in one of solaris 10 server.I have tried disable,enabled,cleared all options and dont no how to make online.Please help me Please find the below for details :- Server1> svcs -a rpc/bind svcs: -a ignored when used with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
0 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Maintenance mode

i booted into maintenance mode boot -- -s from the console I got the Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass) I did control -d and then logged in it told me that I was booting into boot -s but after I did a control -d and logged in who -r shows ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
9 Replies
rpcbind(3N)															       rpcbind(3N)

NAME
rpcbind: rpcb_getmaps(), rpcb_getaddr(), rpcb_gettime(), rpcb_rmtcall(), rpcb_set(), rpcb_unset() - library routines for RPC bind service SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These routines allow client C programs to make procedure calls to the RPC binder service. (see rpcbind(1M)) maintains a list of mappings between programs and their universal addresses. Routines An interface to the service, which returns a list of the current RPC program-to-address mappings on host. It uses the transport specified through net- conf to contact the remote service on host. This routine will return if the remote could not be contacted. An interface to the service, which finds the address of the service on host that is registered with program number prognum, version versnum, and speaks the transport protocol associated with netconf. The address found is returned in svcaddr. svcaddr should be preallocated. This routine returns if it succeeds. A return value of means that the mapping does not exist or that the RPC system failed to contact the remote service. In the latter case, the global variable (see rpc_clnt_create(3N)) contains the RPC status. This routine returns the time on host in timep. If host is returns the time on its own machine. This routine returns if it succeeds, if it fails. can be used to synchronize the time between the client and the remote server. This routine is particularly useful for secure RPC. An interface to the service, which instructs on host to make an RPC call on your behalf to a procedure on that host. The structure should correspond to a connectionless transport. The parameter will be modified to the server's address if the procedure succeeds (see and in rpc_clnt_calls(3N) for the definitions of other parameters). This procedure should normally be used for a and nothing else. This routine allows programs to do lookup and call, all in one step. Note: Even if the server is not running, does not return any error messages to the caller. In such a case, the caller times out. Note: is only available for connectionless transports. An interface to the service, which establishes a mapping between the triple [prognum, versnum, and svcaddr on the machine's service. The value of nc_netid must correspond to a network identifier that is defined by the netconfig database. This routine returns if it succeeds, otherwise. (See also in rpc_svc_calls(3N)). If there already exists such an entry with will fail. An interface to the service, which destroys the mapping between the triple [prognum, versnum, and the address on the machine's service. If netconf is destroys all mapping between the triple [prognum, versnum, all-transports] and the addresses on the machine's service. This routine returns if it succeeds, otherwise. Only the owner of the service or the super-user can destroy the mapping. (See also in rpc_svc_calls(3N)). MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. SEE ALSO
rpcbind(1M), rpcinfo(1M), rpc_clnt_calls(3N), rpc_svc_calls(3N). rpcbind(3N)