Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Free() corrupted unsorted chunks Post 302843437 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 08:19:41 AM
Old 08-13-2013
Solaris has a high performance malloc library for threading. It's behavior may be different enough from Linux, such that the the problem did not occur on Solaris, but does show up in Linux.

But that is grabbing at straws.

I would suspect that while porting someone altered code. Is this a verbatim copy of the Solaris code? i.e., do checksums match? If you want to fix this mess, don't simply say 'yes', do a checksum.

If checksums match for the code, then grep the make files for the word malloc to see if the library (specifically Solaris (lib)mtmalloc) I mentioned are being used. If there is a Linux version of it with the same name it probably has nothing in common with Solaris libmtmalloc. Do not use it. RHEL links threaded Pro*C just fine normally.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove chunks of text from file

All, So, I have an ldif file that contains about 6500 users worth of data. Some users have a block of text I'd like to remove, while some don't. Example (block of text in question is the block starting with "authAuthority: ;Kerberosv5"): User with text block: # username, users,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: staze
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two unsorted files

Hi Guys, I'm a complete shell scripting newbie and need some help with comparing a file against a master file and outputting the results. master.txt would look something like this: 000123 000345 000341 000927 000762 000235 000155 000452 000846 000623 file.txt would look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ven
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

onstat -d chunks perl monitor

I have a file I need to monitor with a perl script with the following format. I need to send off a 0 if it is above 95 in the 5th colum and a 1 if it is below. Any help on a simple perl script would be great. 75424958 999975 983170 /dev/rmetrochunk00 98.32 760c2dd8 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlaigo2
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining chunks of data

Hi there! Need help on some issue, I have data like this: 123 456 789 012 i need it to be like this: 123789 456012 Anyone has any idea how to do this? Thanks! Regards, Ken How to use code tags (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kennethtls
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two large unsorted csv files

Hi All, My requirement is to write a shell script to compare two large csv files. I've created sample files for explaining my problem i.e., a.csv and b.csv contents of files: ----------------- a.csv ------ Type,Memory (Kb),Location HD,Size (Mb),Serial # XT,640,D402,0,MG0010... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasavi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file into chunks of 1TB

Hi I have a file with different filesystems with there sizes. I need to split them in chucks of 1TB. The file looks like vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 187428400 10601AW1 vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 479504596 10604AW1 vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 19940 10605AID vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 1242622044... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chunks of bash shell programming

I am going to provide a chunks of codes that I do not understand. Please help with them in a layman's terms. 1) ${DEBUG:-0} -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2) print "${1}" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two unsorted unequal files extracted from xml

I have two files for comparison which are extracts from set of xml files. file1 has: Comparing File: BRCSH1to320140224CC3.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:OUT UIZZ:0 :: ERAZ:1.000000 UIZZ:0 :: CTZZ:B UIZZ:0 :: CCAZ:MYR Comparing File: BRMY20140224CC18REG013SPFNSY13.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:INB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi gunda
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another in chunks

All, I have an application that is not working properly and the company is 'in the process' of fixing it. In the meantime, I want to write a bash script work-around. However, what I thought was going to be simple is seemingly not. Need: - Move files from one directory to another in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl: Can someone please explain this code "sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted"

@sorted = sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted; I am having hard time understanding how this works? I know the output but interested to know the working. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
2 Replies
curs_memleaks(3X)														 curs_memleaks(3X)

NAME
_nc_freeall _nc_free_and_exit - curses memory-leak checking SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> void _nc_freeall(void); void _nc_free_and_exit(int); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to simplify analysis of memory leaks in the ncurses library. They are normally not available; they must be con- figured into the library at build time using the --disable-leaks option. That compiles-in code that frees memory that normally would not be freed. Any implementation of curses must not free the memory associated with a screen, since (even after calling endwin), it must be available for use in the next call to refresh. There are also chunks of memory held for performance reasons. That makes it hard to analyze curses ap- plications for memory leaks. To work around this, one can build a debugging version of the ncurses library which frees those chunks which it can, and provides these functions to free all of the memory allocated by the ncurses library. The _nc_free_and_exit function is the preferred one since some of the memory which is freed may be required for the application to continue running. Its parameter is the code to pass to the exit routine. RETURN VALUE
These functions do not return a value. PORTABILITY
These functions are not part of the XSI interface. SEE ALSO
curses(3X). curs_memleaks(3X)