Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract string between two delimiter Post 302843424 by Jotne on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 06:30:54 AM
Old 08-13-2013
Your are fixing the symptoms. Fix the program that gives wrong output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a delimiter string

hi i have a function printValues() { var=$# count=0 qName="" while do if then echo QManager Name $1 fi if then echo Cluster Name$2 fi if (( $count != 0 && $count != 1 )) then ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract fields from text file using delimiter!!

Hi All, I am new to unix scripting, please help me in solving this assignment.. I have a scenario, as follows: 1. i have a text file(read1.txt) with the following data sairam,123 kamal,122 etc.. 2. I have to write a unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiter count in a string.

Hi , I need to get the delimiter "-" count in a particular string. string= SYS_NAME-123-S5-2008-10-20.LOG the delimit "-" count is 5 . Using sed or awk can I know the count ? I have seen how to get the count for delimiter in a file but not a string :( Thanks, Priya (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract string from varying delimiter line

Hi I have lines like this a=1, b=2, c=3, a=1, d=4, e=5, b=225, I need to extract the b=nnn... value. I dont know how many other entries will be before and after it in each line. Ive tried a basic line like awk '/b=/, $NF ~ /,/ ' myfile.txt but I think that it doesnt care which comma it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract 2 or more int from the text with delimiter.

Hi All, I want to extract the integers from the each line, each line may have 2 or more integers. The following command is appending each integers. echo "Hi I am 100, my friend is 500, his friend is 423" | sed "s///g" 100500423 I need to have delimiter "|" between the integers. If anyone... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract semicolon separated delimiter

The log reads as follows. fname1;lname1;eid1;addr;pincode1; fname2;lname2;eid2;addr2;pincode2; fname3;lname3;eid3;addr3;pincode3; fname4;lname4;eid;addr4;pincode4; how do i extract only fname and save it in an array similarly for lname and so on i tried reading a file and cutting each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a string with no delimiter

Hi; I want to write a shell script that will split a string with no delimiter. Basically the script will read a line from a file. For example the line it read from the file contains: 99234523 These values are never the same but the length will always be 8. How do i split this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint34
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut all string after the last delimiter?

hi all, suppose a string: abc/def/ghi/jkl/mn.txt and i want to get the file name without the path. however, different files have different paths, therefore the number of delimiter is uncertain. thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip the delimiter with in double quotes and count the number of delimiters during data extract

Hi All, I'm stuck-up in finding a way to skip the delimiter which come within double quotes using awk or any other better option. can someone please help me out. Below are the details: Delimited: | Sample data: 742433154|"SYN|THESIS MED CHEM PTY.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrahmaNaiduA
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple columns base on double quotes as delimiter

Hi All, I have my data like below "1","abc,db","hac,aron","4","5" Now I need to extract 1,2,4th columns Output should be like "1",abc,db","4" Am trying to use cut command but not able to get the results. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
4 Replies
QUOTA(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  QUOTA(8)

NAME
quota - report and optionally fix quota usage SYNOPSIS
quota [ -C config-file ] [ -d domain ] [ -f ] [ mailbox-prefix... ] DESCRIPTION
Quota generates a report listing quota roots, giving their limits and usage. If the -f option is given, quota first fixes any inconsisten- cies in the quota subsystem, such as mailboxes with the wrong quota root or quota roots with the wrong quota usage reported. If an optional domain is given, the quota listing (and inconsistency fixing) is performed in that domain rather than the default domain. If any optional mailbox-prefix arguments are given, the quota listing (and inconsistency fixing) is limited to quota roots with names that start with one of the given prefixes. Running quota with both the -f option and mailbox-prefix arguments is not recommended. Quota reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -d domain List/fix quotas in domain. -f Fix any inconsistencies in the quota subsystem before generating a report. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus QUOTA(8)