Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pick the last one hour lines from log matching this pattern. Post 302843323 by santosh2626 on Monday 12th of August 2013 10:29:42 PM
Old 08-12-2013
Thanks Chubler,

This avoided the files that do not have timestamp at the start of the file.
But displayed all the lines with the time stamp and also lines in the missdle without timestamp.

And the lines with the timestamp ar enot within an hour.all the lines are picked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching over more lines

hi, i have a text file wich contains following informations: 1 Record 90 in base GUJA_2008 (Created: 2008-01-14 19:00:38, Modified: 2008-01-15 18:54:33) 1 YADM_20080101_A91645666_A91645666 4 2008/01/15/ADM.ADM/20080101.ADM.ADM.A91645666G001.jff 1 Record 91 in base GUJA_2008 (Created:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and lines after that

I have a huge file and every paragraph has a date. But I want to retrieve the paras for the last two days only. So I can grep and findout the linenum for the first line since yesterday. Now I want to display everything after that line. And I am trying to do this inside a script so the linenum is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching lines using the date, and then joining the lines

Hi Guys, Was trying to attempt the below using awk and sed, have no luck so far, so any help would be appreciated. Current Text File: The first line has got an "\n", and the second line has got spaces/tabs then the word and "\n" TIME SERVER/CLIENT TEXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick only the files which are generated in one hour?

Hello Masters, I need one help. I want to copy the files which are continuously generating on one server. But this would be on hourly basis. e.g. -rw-rw-r-- 1 akore akore 0 Feb 12 03:20 test1.log -rw-rw-r-- 1 akore akore 0 Feb 12 03:42 test2.log -rw-rw-r-- 1 akore akore 0 Feb 12 04:22... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akore83
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching...of almost same lines

Hi all I am trying to process some data sample input is like this VARIABLE : T axis TDAY TIME : 02-FEB-2004 17:54 19755. VARIABLE : quality flag FILENAME : 1900054_prof.nc Z : 41 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern from a log within last hour

I want to extract a pattern from a log file within last hour. I am doing grep "pattern" filename | tail -1 It gives the last latest pattern but not within last hour. and if the pattern found in last hour, output success or else failure. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies
PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)

NAME
PX_timestamp2string -- Convert paradox timestamp into formated string SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> char * PX_timestamp2string(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, double timestamp, const char *format) DESCRIPTION
Creates a string representation of a paradox timestamp as specified in the parameter format. The timestamp must be either retrieved with PX_get_data_double(3) after calling PX_get_record(3) or by simply using the double value in the pxval_t struct as returned by PX_retrieve_record(3). A timestamp contains both time and date information. The format string contains chars which stand for certain values of the date/time. The following table lists all available characters with a meaning. All other characters are being copied unmodified to the output string. If a special character shall not be interpreted it must be preceded with a backslash. Characters and their meaning in date/time format string Character Meaning Y year, numeric, 4 digits y year, numeric, 2 digits m month, numeric n month, numeric, no leading zeroes d day of the month, numeric j T{ day of the month, numeric, no leading zeros T} H hour, numeric, 24 hour format h hour, numeric, 12 hour format G T{ hour, numeric, 24 hour format, no leading zeroes T} g T{ hour, numeric, 12 hour format, no leading zeroes T} i minutes, numeric s seconds, numeric A AM/PM a am/pm L boolean for leap year RETURN VALUE
Returns pointer to string on success and NULL on failure. SEE ALSO
PX_time2string(3), PX_date2string(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)