Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission to the script.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Permission to the script. Post 302843085 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 12th of August 2013 04:07:45 AM
Old 08-12-2013
Thanks Scott and MadeInGermany for explaining me the same.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file permission script

Hi all, I need one script, that will give the out put like all files having 777 permissions and full path from home directory. example:i created 777 permissions files three in my home directory and subdirectories also. i want out put like ./xxxxx/aaa.txt ./xxxxx/zzz/yyy.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script permission error

I am writing a VERY simple script that copies my catalina log file to a new filename then copies /dev/null inotthe catalina.out. Since the log is the live log, it is open and written to as I copy. I can do the 2 copy commands from a command promp with no problem, it works. I have the probmel in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rschille
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bash script permission

I have a bash script, but it needs to have a simple protection with password. So if a user wants to run the script , there should be a kdialog to asks for a password.If the password is correct the script starts to run. It should not be the passord of root or another admin user.Just a password in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poort
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission script

hi guys I am working on a menu... and the menu has some options like check status for services (gmonitor group) or stop - start - restart those same services (gadmin group) as you see there are 2 main groups gmonitor for monitoring and gadmin for restart - stop - start services so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for help on script to capture file permission.

Hi Guys, I'm a DBA and need help on shell scripting. My Oracle Database is sitting on HP-UX machine. Anyone has a script that can spool out permission of all oracle binary files in the below directory: /opt/ora10g/oracle/ Format to be spooled out : chmod <exisiting permission> filename... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciaciachew
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script and Permission denied

Have the following in a .sh file. printf "Installing ... \ r" cd $ ORG_DIR / a_a . / configure> error.log Make 1> error.log 2> error.log make install> error.log But when I run I get the following. install.sh: line 270:. / configure: Permission denied make: *** No rule two make target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mumie
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute permission for shell script

Hi All, I am not able to figure out what is the problem with calling a shell script within a shell script. i have given all the permissions to both schell scripts. but when i am seeing the log file error is coming like weekly_us_push_rpts_tst.sh: ./vacation_quota_summary_detail.sh: Execute... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
9 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] git stripspace [-c | --comment-lines] DESCRIPTION
Read text, such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions, from the standard input and clean it in the manner used by Git. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)