Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with stat command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with stat command Post 302842961 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 11th of August 2013 12:16:54 PM
Old 08-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Code:
stat -c %y log1.csv | date +%m/%d/%Y

Are you sure that it works?
I haven't yet met a date that reads from stdin...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat command

how can ý use "stat command"????.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emreatlier
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent command to 'stat'

Can anyone tell me which is the equivalent command to 'stats' in ksh shell which discribes the file system? Thanks in advance Regards, Im_new (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat command with ls -l

If i do ls -l i get the result rwx-rw-r ...... ............... file. How can i get the result in octal format. All other output will be the same as ls -l shows. The rwx-rw-r would be like 755 etc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hp-unix stat command to get last change date of file

I'm on hp-unix. I would like a variable to hold the last change date of a file. I looked at the man pages for stat, but I don't see any examples and can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Does PowerSHell have *stat command analogs?

I.e. like vmstat, cpustat, iostat, fsstat, kstat ..etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need file timestamp without stat command

Hi all, I want to check whether a file is not updated in last 15 minutes, for this i need to get timestamp of file, (yyyy:mm:dd:hh:mi:ss). I dont have access to STAT command :(. Please suggest a program or command to do this . Thanks, Saravana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_1210
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX and HP-UX equivalent of Linux stat command

To list file permission/access right in octal format, linux has a command 'stat'. For example, we can use the followin - stat -c %a `find . -type f Is there any equivalent command in AIX and HP-UX to give the same result as linux 'stat' command? Please advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stat command

i know this command does not exist in solaris. however, i read somewhere on this forum that basically everything the stat command provides in other oses can be obtained in solaris using the ls command. i've searched the forum for a while now and i cant find the thread. does anyone know about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stat value changes

Die to what all operations, the "Modify" and "Change" values of stat output changes for a file. I found, during editing a file, Change and Modify alters. When chmod'ing Change alters, while Modify doesnot alters. Is there more situations where these changes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on stat command

hello, I wanted to know which is the output of the stat command with a file, for example if I write on the terminal: stat ./unix.pdf i get the output: 754974726 6915670 -rwxrwxrwx 1 mbruno106 staff 0 90501 "Aug 13 13:26:02 2013" "Aug 13 13:26:02 2013" "Aug 13 13:26:02 2013" "Aug 13... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
1 Replies
CGI::Untaint::date(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   CGI::Untaint::date(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Untaint::date - validate a date SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Untaint; my $handler = CGI::Untaint->new($q->Vars); my $date = $handler->extract(-as_date => 'date'); DESCRIPTION
is_valid This Input Handler verifies that it is dealing with a reasonable date. Reasonably means anything that Date::Manip thinks is sensible, so you could use any of (for example): "December 12, 2001" "12th December, 2001" "2001-12-12" "next Tuesday" "third Wednesday in March" See Date::Manip for much more information on what date formats are acceptable. The resulting date will be a Date::Simple object. Date::Simple for more information on this. date_format By default ambiguous dates of the format 08/09/2001 will be treated as UK style (i.e. 8th September rather than 9th August) If you want to change this, subclass it and override date_format() WARNING
Date::Manip does not play nicely with taint mode. In order to work around this we locally clobber Date::Manip's 'timezone' code. As we're only interested in dates rather than times, this shouldn't be much of an issue. If it is, then please let me know! SEE ALSO
Date::Simple. Date::Manip. AUTHOR
Tony Bowden BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-CGI-Untaint-date@rt.cpan.org COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Tony Bowden. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-12 CGI::Untaint::date(3pm)