Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search strings and highlight them using Perl or bash/awk/sed Post 302842797 by bartus11 on Saturday 10th of August 2013 11:22:07 AM
Old 08-10-2013
Try:
Code:
perl -lpe 'BEGIN{open b, "b.txt";chomp(@b=<b>)}{for $i (@b) {s/$i/\033[31m$i\033[0m/g}}' a.doc

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search for Quoted strings (')

Hi All, I have files: 1. abc.sql 'This is a sample file for testing' This does not have quotations this also does not have quotations. and this 'has quotations'. here I need to list the hard coded strings 'This is a sample file for testing' and 'has quotations'. So i have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprattip
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk search for a element in the list of strings

Hi, how do I match a particular element in a list and replace it with blank? awk 'sub///' $FILE list="AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed search&replace between two strings

Hi, i read couple of threads here on forum, and googled about what bugs me, yet i still can't find solution. Problem is below. I need to change this string (with sed if it is possible): This is message text that is being quoted to look like this: This is message text that is being quotedI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angrybb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk to Search Two Strings on One Line

If i wanted to search for two strings that are on lines in the log, how do I do it? The following code searches for just one string that is one one line. awk '/^/ {split($2,s,",");a=$1 FS s} /failure agaf@fafa/ {b=a} END{print b}' urfile What if I wanted to search for "failure agaf@fafa"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Bash/Sed to delete between identical strings

Hi. I'm hoping that someone can help me with a bash script to delete a block of lines from a file. What I want to do is delete every line between two stings that are the same, including the line the first string is on but not the second. (Marked lines to match with !) For example if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advance search using sed/awk/perl

Hi, I have a file with more than 50,000 lines of records and each record is 50 bytes in length. I need to search every record in this file between positions 11-19 (9 bytes) and 32-40 (9 bytes) and in case any of the above 2 fields is alpha-numeric, i need to replace the whole 9 bytes of that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikionline
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display records between two search strings using sed

I have input file like AAA AAA CCC CCC CCC EEE EEE EEE EEE FFF FFF GGG GGG i was trying to retrieve data between two strings using sed. sed -n /CCC/,/FFF/p input_file Am getting output like CCC CCC CCC (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NareshN
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync script to rewrite suffix - BASH, awk, sed, perl?

trying to write up a script to put the suffix back. heres what I have but can't get it to do anything :( would like it to be name.date.suffix rsync -zrlpoDtub --suffix=".`date +%Y%m%d%k%M%S`.~" --bwlimit=1024 /mymounts/test1/ /mymounts/test2/ while IFS=. read -r -u 9 -d '' name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmituzas
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and lossless replace strings using sed?

Hello, I would like to replace all occurencies of long data types by others (coresponding int) using 'sed' in the extensive source code of a software package written for 32 bit CPUs. I must use regular expressions to avoid wrong replacements like s/unsigned]+long/ulong/gLeaving out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick P. F.
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)