Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SNMP v2 on AIX 6.1
Operating Systems AIX SNMP v2 on AIX 6.1 Post 302842657 by snchaudhari2 on Friday 9th of August 2013 03:55:31 PM
Old 08-09-2013
SNMP v2 on AIX 6.1

Hello Admins,

We need to configure and setup snmp v2 on AIX 6.1 clients.

I don't find snmp v2 related files on AIX servers
. I see there is snmpdv3.conf and v3 installed.

Where can I get snmpdv2 for AIX?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SNMP Traps in AIX / Unix

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how can I send an SNMP Trap in Unix Environment(AIX) to another machine (NT/Ux) after having activated the SNMP in the AIX. Can this be done by using a single command line or do I have to write a script for it? Thanks in advance for your advices. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring CPU usage on AIX 5.3 with SNMP

Hi I would like to monitor CPU usage ( %) , memory utilization and such on an AIX 5.3 with snmp. How would I do that ? :confused: If I do "snmpwalk -c public -v1 hosttomonitor" I get nothing about the CPU. I've done this on Linux ( not much trouble doing it on linux ) but I'm having a hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX V4 SNMP MIBs

Hello! I'm not a expert AIX administrator, but i need to monitorize an AIX V4 system. I want to do it using SNMP but i don't really know how to get CPU, proccess or memory information. I only can get network interfaces information.... How can i add more MIBs to get more info about the AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikelCV
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

capture snmp packets in AIX

Hi, I want to capture snmp packets in AIX. When i give print from AIX6.1, Printer will give its response thru' snmp. I used iptrace command like below, but it is not capturing snmp packets other packets are captured like udp, tcp.. 1. iptrace command: /usr/sbin/iptrace -a -i en0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP traps to SNMP server

Dear Champs, I am new to unix, and need to configure linux server to send below traps to a SNMP server. Monitoring TRAP Disk Space Low Monitoring TRAP Memory Low Monitoring TRAP CPU high Monitoring TRAP Admin login/Logoff Please help me how to send this information to my SNMP server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies

9. AIX

Disabling SNMP in AIX 7.1

Hi, I am planning to disable SNMP in our AIX LPARs. wanted to see by disabling in a test LPAR. before that, I would like to check disabling this SNMP will impact any of our application or database in anyway. what kind of other software depends on these SNMP daemons ? Can you please let me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
9 Replies

10. AIX

AIX native SNMP producing limited results when walking MIB tree

The company I work for has various AIX servers that I've recently migrated to AIX 7.1 (from 6.1). Some are powerHA clusters some are not. Likewise, the systems engineer that I replaced had net-snmp installed on said clustered systems. Long story short I am re-invoking AIX's native SNMP (v3) for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davix
1 Replies
SNMP.CONF(5)							     Net-SNMP							      SNMP.CONF(5)

NAME
snmp_config - describes how to configure the Net-SNMP applications. DESCRIPTION
The Net-SNMP package uses various configuration files to configure its applications. This manual page merely describes the overall nature of them, so that the other manual pages don't have to. DIRECTORIES SEARCHED
First off, there are numerous places that configuration files can be found and read from. By default, the applications look for configura- tion files in the following 3 directories, in order: /usr/share/snmp, /usr/lib/snmp, and $HOME/.snmp. In each of these directories, it looks for files with the extension of both .conf and 6 default places a configuration file can exist for any given configuration file type. Additionally, the above default search path can be overridden by setting the environment variable SNMPCONFPATH to a colon-separated list of directories to search for. Finally, applications that store persistent data will also look in the /var/snmp directory for configuration files there. CONFIGURATION FILE TYPES
Each application may use multiple configuration files, which will configure various different aspects of the application. For instance, the SNMP agent (snmpd) knows how to understand configuration directives in both the snmpd.conf and the snmp.conf files. In fact, most applications understand how to read the contents of the snmp.conf files. Note, however, that configuration directives understood in one file may not be understood in another file. For further information, read the associated manual page with each configuration file type. Also, most of the applications support a -H switch on the command line that will list the configuration files it will look for and the directives in each one that it understands. The snmp.conf configuration file is intended to be a application suite wide configuration file that supports directives that are useful for controlling the fundamental nature of all of the SNMP applications, such as how they all manipulate and parse the textual SNMP MIB files. SWITCHING CONFIGURATION TYPES IN MID-FILE It's possible to switch in mid-file the configuration type that the parser is supposed to be reading. Since that sentence doesn't make much sense, lets give you an example: say that you wanted to turn on packet dumping output for the agent by default, but you didn't want to do that for the rest of the applications (ie, snmpget, snmpwalk, ...). Normally to enable packet dumping in the configuration file you'd need to put a line like: dumpPacket true into the snmp.conf file. But, this would turn it on for all of the applications. So, instead, you can put the same line in the snmpd.conf file so that it only applies to the snmpd daemon. However, you need to tell the parser to expect this line. You do this by putting a spe- cial type specification token inside a [] set. In other words, inside your snmpd.conf file you could put the above snmp.conf directive by adding a line like so: [snmp] dumpPacket true This tells the parser to parse the above line as if it were inside a snmp.conf file instead of an snmpd.conf file. If you want to parse a bunch of lines rather than just one then you can make the context switch apply to the remainder of the file or until the next context switch directive by putting the special token on a line by itself: # make this file handle snmp.conf tokens: [snmp] dumpPacket true logTimestamp true # return to our original snmpd.conf tokens: [snmpd] rocommunity mypublic COMMENTS
Any lines beginning with the character '#' in the configuration files are treated as a comment and are not parsed. API INTERFACE
Information about writing C code that makes use of this system in either the agent's MIB modules or in applications can be found in the read_config(3) manual page. SEE ALSO
read_config(3). 4th Berkeley Distribution 28 Aug 2001 SNMP.CONF(5)