Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run multiple .py in ksh? Post 302842335 by alister on Thursday 8th of August 2013 11:48:34 PM
Old 08-09-2013
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

set -e

file1.py
file2.py
file3.py
file4.py

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can't I run a *.ksh file?

Hi I'm interested to know why is it that I can't run a specific *.ksh file, is it due to permission settings? If it is, how can I work around that? I'm not logging on as the administrator, do I need to be an administrator to run *.ksh files? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run ksh script from cgi

Hi, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodges
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to run servers

I want to write a Kshell program which will start the servers(Oracle,DataIntegrator). Can anybody help me with this? I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pari111222
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run ksh from csh

I'm comfortable with csh. However, i need to run a ksh script.Using exec /bin/ksh -i , I'm able to invoke ksh, but the script is not running any further. Variable QDDTS is an env setting on my csh env. The ksh script goes like this - #!/bin/csh exec /usr/local/bin/ksh -i function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_shamik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scipting (New); Run multiple greps > multiple files

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, as you can probably tell... I'm also pretty new to scripting and writing any type of code. I needed to know exactly how I can grep for multiple strings, in files located in one directory, but I need each string to output to a separate file. So I'd... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: LDHB2012
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in a backgroun - ksh

i ran the below in ksh... nohup <script> & it is runnign in background. now how do i see if the above command is success... i also need to bring the command to foreground and view the run details. pls advise how to do that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script?

How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script I have a KSH script that has one SQL Query and generates and emails output of the query in HTML format. I want to change the script so that it has three SQL queries and the last query generates and emails the HTML output page of just that query. So far... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: run commands from pipe

I create commands within a pipe and finally want them to be executed instead of being displayed on the screen. What is the last stage in this pipe? I found by guessing that "ksh" is working, but is this the best to use here? It boils down to this: echo "print Hello World!"| kshWhat is the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies
merge(1)																  merge(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [-Llabel1 [-Llabel3]] [-p] [-q] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result goes to standard output if -p is present, into file1 otherwise. merge is useful for combining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. An overlap occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. On a few older hosts where diff3 does not support the -E option, merge does not detect overlaps, and merely supplies the changed lines from file3. On most hosts, if overlaps occur, merge out- puts a message (unless the -q option is given), and includes both alternatives in the result. The alternatives are delimited as follows: <<<<<<< file1 lines in file1 ======= lines in file3 >>>>>>> file3 If there are overlaps, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. If the -L label1 and -L label3 options are given, the labels are output in place of the names file1 and file3 in overlap reports. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no overlaps, 1 for some overlaps, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Revision Number: 1.1.6.2; Release Date: 1993/10/07. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 by Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991 by Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1) merge(1)