Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File handling issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File handling issue Post 302841983 by Just Ice on Thursday 8th of August 2013 10:07:58 AM
Old 08-08-2013
please post what you have done so far so people can help you ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Handling in C

Hi all, I have a problem in handling files through C. here is the problem im having: i will query the database (for instance consider employees table ) for empno,ename,job,salary fields.The query returns me some 100 of rows. now i need to place them in a file in row wise pattern as they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinath
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

please help me in file handling

sir i have to get first line from a file for example >cat file1 abc zxc asd adsf from that file1 i need only first line expected result >abc please help me ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX File handling -Issue in reading a file

I have been doing automation of daily check activity for a server, i have been using sqls to retrive the data and while loop for reading the data from the file for several activities. BUT i got a show stopper the below one.. where the data is getting store in $temp_file, but not being read by while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Error handling,not able to continue the script further

Hi, I am trying to write a script to cleanup files in a log directory .. cd log find Datk** -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \; 2> /dev/null Have used the above to clean up files in log directory more then 7 days older. The file can be something like ( auto-generate by some processes and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file handling issue

I have a huge file semicolon( ; ) separated records are Pipe(|) delimited. e.g abc;def;ghi|jkl;mno;pqr|123;456;789 I need to replace the 50th field(semicolon separated) of each record with 9006. The 50th field can have no value e.g. ;; Can someone help me with the appropriate command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large file data handling issue

I have a single record large file, semicolon ';' and pipe '|' separated. I am doing a vi on the file. It is throwing an error "File to long" I need to actually remove the last | symbol from this file. sed -e 's/\|*$//' filename is working fine for small files. But not working on this big... (13 Replies)
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Handling

Hi Team, I am trying to cut a large file into multiple files. It has Header 50,050 records Trailer ------------------------------------------- I need to cut the files into multiple files of 1000 records and should have the same header and trailer as the original files. ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISSUE in handling multiple same name files :-(

Dear all, My work is completely stuck cos of the following issue. Please find it here and kindly help me. Task is following: I have set of files with such pattern 1t-rw-rw-r-- 1 emily emily 119 Jun 11 10:45 vgtree_5_1_pfs.root 3t-rw-rw-r-- 1 emily emily 145 Jun 11 10:46 vgtree_5_3_pfs.root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue handling single quoted argument in shell script.

Below is my script that works fine and prints the desired output: #!/bin/ksh echo "$1" | while IFS= read -r dirpath do echo "DIRR_PATH:$dirpath" install_dir=$install_dir" "$dirpath done echo "Desired Output:$install_dir" Output: ./loopissue.sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File handling

Hi All, I need to extract the data from the text file. The data of the text file is shown below #L 0.000017 4.329939 0.000017 4.716267 r7.9 P 1 1;Net=IN32 The extracted data should be IN32. Could anyone help to script in c shell.? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopishrine
4 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)