Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lose IP after TL Update
Operating Systems AIX Lose IP after TL Update Post 302841979 by -=XrAy=- on Thursday 8th of August 2013 10:07:34 AM
Old 08-08-2013
Hi,

we had a similar problem with our VIO-Server (oslevel 6100-07-03).
Sometimes after a reboot, the server starts without an ip configuration. But within smitty all information was present.

In our case, the supports told us that the etherchannel (LACP) was not ready when the server try to configure the ip adress.

Code:
0821-007 cfgif: ifconfig command failed. The status of "enX" Interface in the current running system is uncertain.

We got a efix for that problem.

May this help you.

Regards

Last edited by Scott; 08-08-2013 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Code tags

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Will I lose drivers while upgrading to ten?

I'm running Solaris 8 with a box I just got and it has a VGA connection. Will I lose the VGA driver while upgrading to 10? I don't have a Sun Monitor so if so I'll be screwed. Tia (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to lose XP & Install Suse 10.1

Hello, I bought a second pc to install Suse 10.1 on. It came with Xp pro installed on it. I downloaded Suse 10.1, burned 5 CD's, changed bios to boot from the cdrom, restart the pc & Xp loads. Any suggestions? Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does a variable lose its value outside the loop in shell script?

hi, when we assign a variable inside a for loop or while loop in a shell script, does it loses its value after comming out of the loop. i am facing this issue. can anyone help me?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

4. AIX

AIX with 2 Net Interfaces lose connectivity

hi guys We have a AIX Server with TSM installed. This server has en0 for administration purposes and we have en1 for backup stuff. en0 subnet 10.10.10.x en1 subnet 10.10.20.x The issue we are having is all of a sudden the LPARs we are backing up lose connectivity to the AIX-TSM Server.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
23 Replies

5. AIX

Lose default gateway

hello iv 2 AIX P720 machine aix 6.1 6100-02-03-0909 both , hacmp ver 6.1.0.0 both machine connect to the same switch. after networking fault , one of the machines lost his default gateway !!! what can be the reason ? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
4 Replies
softwareupdate(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 softwareupdate(8)

NAME
softwareupdate -- system software update tool SYNOPSIS
softwareupdate command [args ...] DESCRIPTION
Software Update checks for new and updated versions of your software based on information about your computer and current software. Invoke softwareupdate by specifying a command followed by zero or more args. softwareupdate requires admin authentication for all commands except --list. If you run softwareupdate as a normal admin user, you will be prompted for a password where required. Alternatively, you can run softwareupdate as root and avoid all further authentication prompts. The following commands are available: -l | --list List all available updates. -i | --install Each update specified by args is downloaded and installed. args can be one of the following: -r | --recommended All updates that are recommended for your system. These are prefixed with a * character in the --list output. -R | --restart Automatically restart (or shut down) if required to complete installation. -a | --all All updates that are applicable to your system, including those non-recommended ones, which are prefixed with a - character in the --list output. (Non-recommended updates are uncommon in any case.) item ... One or more specified updates. The --list output shows the item names you can specify here, prefixed by the * or - characters. See EXAMPLES. -d | --download Each update specified by args is downloaded but not installed. The values of args are the same as for the --install command. Updates downloaded with --download can be subsequently installed with --install, or through the App Store (as long as they remain applicable to your system). Updates are downloaded to /Library/Updates, but are not designed to be installed by double-clicking the packages in that directory: always use --install or the App Store to actually perform the install. --ignore identifier ... Manages the per-machine list of ignored updates. The identifier is the first part of the item name (before the dash and version number) that is shown by --list. See EXAMPLES. --reset-ignored Clears the per-machine list of ignored updates. --schedule on | off Manages the per-machine automatic (background) check preference. -h | --help Print command usage. EXAMPLES
The following examples are shown as given to the shell: softwareupdate --list Software Update Tool Finding available software Software Update found the following new or updated software: * MacBookAirEFIUpdate2.4-2.4 MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update (2.4), 3817K [recommended] [restart] * ProAppsQTCodecs-1.0 ProApps QuickTime codecs (1.0), 968K [recommended] * JavaForOSX-1.0 Java for OS X 2012-005 (1.0), 65288K [recommended] sudo softwareupdate --install JavaForOSX-1.0 Software Update Tool Finding available software Downloading Java for OS X 2012-005 Downloaded Java for OS X 2012-005 Installing Java for OS X 2012-005 Done with Java for OS X 2012-005 Done. sudo softwareupdate --ignore JavaForOSX Ignored updates: (JavaForOSX) sudo softwareupdate --schedule Automatic check is on Mac OS September 11, 2012 Mac OS