Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable with multiple values Post 302841881 by andymay on Thursday 8th of August 2013 05:44:14 AM
Old 08-08-2013
Variable with multiple values

Hello I need to alter a script to check for a flag file but there are now more than one type of flag file in my directory. Basically if any of these flg files exist then the MASK value should be set? Flag files to be included in assignment to variable
e2e_scheduled*.flg
COLL_STOP*.flg
contracted_coll*.flg

Original assignment

MASK=*.flg

New assignment would this work?

MASK = e2e_scheduled*.flg, COLL_STOP*.flg,contracted_coll*.flg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing Multiple Values in a Variable

Hi, My code is as below: integer i=7 while ((i <= 5 )); do # test_out is a variable which contains data separated by "^". a= `echo $test_out | cut -d"^" -f$i` echo "$a" (( i = i + 1)); done From the above code, i kept $i after f so that i can capture all the data which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple values to a variable

Hi Guru`s, I have to write a prog. which will traverse through diff. directories and then extract some data from files. I have written it and its working fine. But I have tested it in 1 folder. There are many folders and I need to loop through each of them. I am not sure abt the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using multiple values for single variable in a loop

Hello Guys, I have a small loop problem as below. I have 3 different values to be used while running the same script - va1="some-value1" va2="some-value2" va3="some-value3" Now I want to use these three variable values to be used for running the same command, like - while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with assigning multiple values to a variable

I have a situation where my variable needs to pick up any of the 4 values from the environment it is in for e.g i am on server named a server=a (script running on this server) ftp servers= b c d e ----- the parameter passed should be any of these values in these 4 values, if not throw an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing multiple values in a array variable

Am using a find command in my script .The output may be one or more. I need to store those values in a array and need to access those. Am unable to find the solution . Any help on this will be helpful. if < code> else a=<find command output which gives the file name either 1 or more> if 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting multiple values in a variable at run time

Hi, Below is starting entry of my script #!/bin/ksh Usage() { print "Usage: $0 ID OPTION SERVER" print "<br>Where :" print "<br>Enter your ID into PARAM1, OPTION in the PARAM2 and SERVER in the PARAM3 field" print "<br>ID should be a valid ID" print "<br>OPTION should be either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple values from a variable

Hi I have a requirement like # e=`ls | grep -e"test" | awk -F " " '{print $1}'` (0) root @ ptxfv3: / # echo $e test test.xml From this i need to grep the word "test" alone i.e., it is occuring twice I need only one among them Please help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple column values to UNIX variable

sqlplus -s $USER_ID@$SID/$PWD<<EOF>sql_1.txt set feedback off set heading off select 114032 as c_1 from dual ; EOF for i in `cat sql_1.txt` do sh script_1.sh $i Currently i am passing one column value to the single unix variable. How can i pass the values from 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpreting multiple values from a variable

Hi, I am writing a shell script which will check the status of a resource in a cluster and then display nicely to a user running the script at command line. Basically the script runs a status command and then pulls certain keywords from the return and then should display a concise status. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple values into one variable

Hello everybody, I am trying to assign multiple values from text into a single variable in bash. Source TXT: 1 THIS IS THE ENTITY1 NAME1 2 THIS IS THE ENTITY2 NAME2 3 THIS IS THE ENTITY3 NAME3 while read id entity name do printf "$id" "$entity" "$name" done <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrcrowley
2 Replies
Traffic control index filter(8) 				       Linux					   Traffic control index filter(8)

NAME
tcindex - traffic control index filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... tcindex [ hash SIZE ] [ mask MASK ] [ shift SHIFT ] [ pass_on | fall_through ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
This filter allows to match packets based on their tcindex field value, i.e. the combination of the DSCP and ECN fields as present in IPv4 and IPv6 headers. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. hash SIZE Hash table size in entries to use. Defaults to 64. mask MASK An optional bitmask to binary AND to the packet's tcindex field before use. shift SHIFT The number of bits to right-shift a packet's tcindex value before use. If a mask has been set, masking is done before shifting. pass_on If this flag is set, failure to find a class for the resulting ID will make the filter fail and lead to the next filter being con- sulted. fall_through This is the opposite of pass_on and the default. The filter will classify the packet even if there is no class present for the resulting class ID. SEE ALSO
tc(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Traffic control index filter(8)