Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris U10 - Crash OS
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris U10 - Crash OS Post 302841785 by Just Ice on Thursday 8th of August 2013 02:52:57 AM
Old 08-08-2013
so what is the reason to connect to the serial port if you already have console access with the monitor and the keyboard?

anyways, new solaris servers used to ship with silver-colored null modem adapters so you may see them around if you folks got the servers new ... if you do not see any of them and you cannot find a null modem, you can change the pinouts on a serial adapter to make your own null modem ... see the diagrams here for guidance on the pinouts ...
This User Gave Thanks to Just Ice For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 crash on Enterprise 3500

Hi Should anyone be able to help, one of my colleagues was doing a truss this morning and I am not sure if it has offset the system crash, but we have had these type of errors coming up???? # ls ls: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed # ps -ef ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NAV4869
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Server Crash

We have had a server (Solaris 2.6) hardisk crash. When booting the server we get: ok> boot -S Boot Device: /sbus/espdmc@e, 8400000/esp@e,8800000/sd@0,0 short read 0x2000 chars read disk read error The only way we can get into the console is to ok> boot cdrom whereby everything (e.g.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

problem with tar command in solaris9 on sun U10

I try to install globus toolkit 4 and have major problem that's error in tar command while it install by make command tar -C /usr/local/globus/ -xzf binary-trees/globus_libtool-*/*.tar.gz tar: C: unknown function modifierand it notice me to use tar {c|r|t|u|x} I think it can't use -z... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harmut
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sparc Solaris 8 crash dump

My sparc solaris 8 server crashed/rebooted yesterday and I have the vmcore files. I have some initial output from SCAT and ACT. I have not included all but any info would be helpful. I can supply more output if necessary. Thanks you. Can I have any information about this ACT and SCAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 zone crash dump file?

Hi, I'm running Solaris 10 with a zone called "testzone" If I do a "reboot -d" on the host, as expected the kernet panics, reboots and creates a crash dump file in /var/crash However no crash file is created in testzone. My question is how can I tell if a zone crashs or shuts down... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastexit
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Question with Solaris Crash Analysis Tool with Solaris 9

Hello all. I am new hear and would like to ask a question regarding to the Solaris Crash Analysis Tool. We are analyzing the results of "thread summary" but not quite sure what the asterisk represents. Following are the items that asterisk were attached. 50* threads sleeping on a semaphore (49... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YuW
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't Log into Solaris 10 u10 due to Pam and DH errors

Dears,, i hope everything is going fine with you,, Yesterday i was trying to log into My Solaris 10 u10 x86 Via SSH , But it showing me many error message and refusing to login even with with the root account and below you can find the error message: # ssh -v root@192.168.10.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ieee99
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Check for existence of crash on Solaris 10

Hey all what is the command to check "Check for existence of crash/coredump files in /var/crash/"hostname" directory" thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to recover x86 Solaris 10 u10 boot record/grub menu overwritten by Debian 9?

I installed x86 Solaris 10 update 10 after Windows XP, later I removed xp and installed Debian 9 stretch on the same partition but, Debian couldn't find any other os so it deleted Solaris 10 grub or did something like that I couldn't got. I thought I would be able to recover the lost record by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies
sredird(8)							      sredird								sredird(8)

NAME
sredird - RFC 2217 serial port server SYNOPSIS
sredird [-i] log-level serial-device lock-file [poll-interval] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sredird, program. This program when run through inetd will use the RFC 2217 extensions to TELNET to implement serial commands over the TCP connection and interface to a specified serial port. OPTIONS
An optional first parameter is '-i' to enable compatability with Cisco IOS. The first mandatory parameter is the log level for use in syslog. The next mandatory parameter is the device node for the serial device, it must be a fully qualified path. The final mandatory parameter is the file name for the lock file to be used to prevent multiple instances of sredird from talking to the serial port at the same time, or to allow sharing a port between modem and sredird. EXAMPLE
Here is a configuration line for running it from inetd: sredir stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/sredird 5 /dev/modem /var/lock/LCK..modem AUTHOR
This man page was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. May be freely used and distributed without restriction under the terms of the GPL. The sredird program was written by Denis Sbragion <d.sbragion@infotecna.it> and Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@columbia.edu>. Russell Coker <;russell@coker.com.au> 2.2.0 sredird(8)